Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 3.08 Average
Monster Golf IV
26-02-2009, 01:00 AM
Monster Golf IV
My all time favorite modded car is the Dahlback Golf RSI. Hope most of you have heard of it.
From time to time I look to see if they manage to get a total power read out somehow. Found this yesterday. Not full reading yet.
Quote:Dahlbackracing Golf rsi rototest 2.1 20v turbo estimated power 1200 bhp+ max rev 11000 rpm.wmv
GOLF RSI SPECIFICATION: From interview with HANS DAHLBACK dahlbackracing owner: Yes, the infamous Golf may be able to put out 1,200 horsepower. Possibly. The story that comes from Hans Dahlback, the owner of Dahlback Racing and the mastermind behind these insane cars, is that the car, when running on a dyno that bolts to the hubs, produced well over 850 hp to the wheels at around 8,000 rpm before the dyno started reading errors--and the car revs to upward of 11,000 rpm. Using a 15 percent drivetrain-loss calculation, at 8,000 rpm the car was over 1,000 flywheel horsepower. I'm making an educated guess that the car produced another few ponies in the 3,000 rpm that followed. Considering Dahlback claims the motor pulls strong until just under 11,000 rpm--with the power increasing dramatically in the last couple thousand rpm--it's reasonable to assume, considering the extent the motor's power curve was climbing at the point the dyno stopped reading, that the car would have likely gained another 100 or 200 horses in the remaining available revs. You also have to keep in mind that Dahlback massively underpromises any horsepower claim. I was told by various people at Dahlback's shop that the Golf was producing significantly more than 850 wheel horsepower on the dyno, but Dahlback would only confirm 850-plus hp, and thus that is what I worked my calculations from. And yes, the car shoots flames out the side exit exhaust during deceleration. It was snowing most of the time I was in Sweden, so I didn't get to go for a ride in the monster Golf, but I did watch quite a bit of track footage of the car running in Stockholm--from what I saw, the car most definitely produces 1,200 hp. What I did get to do, however, was rip the nose piece off the Golf, put the car on a lift, and investigate why this VW is so freaking fast. Dahlbackracing golf RSI mkIV,quattro(torsen differential) with (Big single "KKK" turbo) 2.1 20v inline 5 audi engine from s1 quattro sport... compression ratio 8.8:1 Estimated max power is 1200bhp+ at 11000rpm(rototest fail at 850bhp at 8000rpm) engine produce pounce of power in range between 8000rpm to 11000rpm!!! below 8000 rpm engine fall to turbo lag! The overall weight of the car is about 1440 kg. 0-100km/h=2.5 sec NOTE: This test was made with only 2.3 bar boost.Max power is 3.2bar!!! for customers dahlbackracing sell golf rsi with 600-900bhp depending on the choice of turbo and setup! customers version is developing max power in range between 7800rpm-8200rpm!!! more info at http://www.dahlbackracing.com or http://www.eurotuner.com/featuredvehicle...index.html or http://www.elektro.com/~audi/rs2/golf.html
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2009, 08:55 AM
RE: Monster Golf IV
Icon_jaw

freerider AKA don

26-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Ya, this machine is nuts. There are a few good clips on Youtube of the beast in action...Incredible !

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-02-2009, 08:09 PM
What to see it go against a veyron.....
26-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Ahhh yes against the Veyron....

But wait... Which would you rather be in? The Veyron or a "golf"?

Bluebiggrin

I take the Veyron.

Awesome little rocket though. I want a Lupo GTI so bad.... Then do a VR6 engine in it hehe

Mike

[Image: 64-1.jpg]

** Still thinking of something intelligent to say... **

:icon9:
26-02-2009, 08:33 PM
I'll take the Golf. same or close to the same power but much less wait
26-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Hmmm power to weight... I must agree with that.

But still...... A Veyron is a Veyron and its practically a gof anyway.

It uses Haldex (4motion from the R32).
It was designed by VW.
Built by VW.
And many more...

That golf is a bit like the Smartuki (Smart car with a Hayabusa engine). Small but viciously fast. I like that.

Mike

[Image: 64-1.jpg]

** Still thinking of something intelligent to say... **

:icon9:
26-02-2009, 09:48 PM
The Lupo's are toit little cars, I so wish VWSA ditched the Shitty Golf and gave us the Lupo instead. VR6 conversion will make it way front heavy, the Golf 3 VR6 was a dog in any case especially at altitude with that heavy motor up front. Give me a Lupo with a nice K04 2.0 TFSI motor anyday, won't sound like a Voora but it will run circles around it everywhere Str8pimp

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  VW - Golf 6 - GTi Trio Rich 11 29,560 22-10-2010 08:27 AM
Last Post: Jughead
  Launched & Tested - Golf TSI Liqui-Moly 64 152,479 04-08-2009 08:58 PM
Last Post: Carn
  Advice required: takkies for the Golf Starvekos 33 69,340 09-12-2008 08:58 AM