Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 2.88 Average
Touch up paint
19-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Touch up paint
Good people.
Does anybody know where I can get touch up paint in the Cape. My car, color:'formula white' have a lot of chip marks and want to fix it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2008, 07:24 AM
RE: Touch up paint
I always buy from the dealer.
20-10-2008, 08:09 AM
Also try a place that does automotive paint. Or even better, call a body shop and ask them to suggest a place for you to get touch up paint from.

freerider AKA don

20-10-2008, 08:17 AM
Nissan referred me to GK Enterprises and that what to sell me 250g of paint. I don't that much for a few chip marks. Hoped someone might know of a place that sell very small amounts. VW i know sells touch up paint in small bottles, think 50ml.
20-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Dealers should be the best bet. Shouldn't be too pricey as well.

On a side note, I think I should include a funny story regarding touch up paint. When we got the wifes car, they included a bottle of touch up paint. The missus was so excited about her new car, when she came across her bottle of touch paint she squeeled with joy ..... "Ooooooh !! The okes at bm are so fancy they even included MATCHING CUTEX !!!! Thinking Rofl

I tried to explain but she wasn't convinced that it was for the car. (why was it in a cutex bottle if its not cutex? etc) And if that was not enough, the following day we pick up one of HER mates who see's the touch up paint and says .. . (I kid you not) "WOW ! they gave you MATCHING CUTEX !!! ... I wan't to bang my head against the steering wheel ! Bluebiggrin
20-10-2008, 04:42 PM
Lol nice, matching cutex.
Mine is not cheapest but easiest. I had to wait 2 months to get the paint from BMW Germany because mine is an odd colour, was discontinued 4 years before my car was built.
20-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Thanks people for the ideas. Just got some paint. On my quest someone told me to go ask at Bernie's Coachworks. Got there with no expectations. The man told me I must get a small glass bottle cause they don't have and I can get some, for FREE. Now I have 50ml of touch up paint and all it cost me was 2 trips of petrol. I think it was a bargain.
21-10-2008, 07:17 AM
(20-10-2008 04:17 PM)Pravin Wrote:  Dealers should be the best bet. Shouldn't be too pricey as well.

On a side note, I think I should include a funny story regarding touch up paint. When we got the wifes car, they included a bottle of touch up paint. The missus was so excited about her new car, when she came across her bottle of touch paint she squeeled with joy ..... "Ooooooh !! The okes at bm are so fancy they even included MATCHING CUTEX !!!! Thinking Rofl

I tried to explain but she wasn't convinced that it was for the car. (why was it in a cutex bottle if its not cutex? etc) And if that was not enough, the following day we pick up one of HER mates who see's the touch up paint and says .. . (I kid you not) "WOW ! they gave you MATCHING CUTEX !!! ... I wan't to bang my head against the steering wheel ! Bluebiggrin

I would have left her to paint her nails with it Rofl

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  new Paint katotter 3 10,986 31-08-2011 06:59 AM
Last Post: Carn
  Frozen Gray M3 Owners required to sign paint care agreement before delivery kripstoe 12 30,348 22-09-2010 01:32 PM
Last Post: kripstoe
  New approach to paint protection Woodie 4 10,652 24-12-2008 03:58 PM
Last Post: MeTsU