Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 2.6 Average
Some more minor forum changes...
20-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Some more minor forum changes...
With the latest update having been applied successfully I was able to activate and modify a few new features Clap

1st up is the addition of a Related Threads box at the bottom of every thread...

[Image: waxon_update.jpg]

In this box you will find up to 5 similar threads which hopefully contain similar content. As you can see from the example above, Minimike19's latests Mini thread has pulled 3 similar Mini posts from the forum Thumb

Next up is the activation of a thread edit time limit. When enabled this will limit regular users from editing their posts after 5 days have passed.

I've had experiences in the past where I have been looking for a specific post I had seen previously, and despite viewing all the relevant threads I cannot find it. In some instances this is due to the user having edited their posts after I had initially seen it.

I think 5 days is long enough to mull over your post and make any changes you may deem necessary. In extreme cases once the 5 days have passed you will require a mod or section admin to make the changes for you Thumb

Lookout for a few more changes to be implemented in the coming days and weeks Thumb

As always any questions and suggestions are welcomed Wavey

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Forum Maintenance & Updates Carn 0 7,546 03-08-2011 12:59 PM
Last Post: Carn
  Forum Update... Carn 0 7,327 19-08-2010 12:01 AM
Last Post: Carn