Waxon Detailing Forum
Some more minor forum changes... - Printable Version

+- Waxon Detailing Forum (http://www.waxon.co.za)
+-- Forum: Forum Rules and Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Some more minor forum changes... (/showthread.php?tid=1310)

Some more minor forum changes... - Carn - 20-09-2010 08:32 PM

With the latest update having been applied successfully I was able to activate and modify a few new features Clap

1st up is the addition of a Related Threads box at the bottom of every thread...

[Image: waxon_update.jpg]

In this box you will find up to 5 similar threads which hopefully contain similar content. As you can see from the example above, Minimike19's latests Mini thread has pulled 3 similar Mini posts from the forum Thumb

Next up is the activation of a thread edit time limit. When enabled this will limit regular users from editing their posts after 5 days have passed.

I've had experiences in the past where I have been looking for a specific post I had seen previously, and despite viewing all the relevant threads I cannot find it. In some instances this is due to the user having edited their posts after I had initially seen it.

I think 5 days is long enough to mull over your post and make any changes you may deem necessary. In extreme cases once the 5 days have passed you will require a mod or section admin to make the changes for you Thumb

Lookout for a few more changes to be implemented in the coming days and weeks Thumb

As always any questions and suggestions are welcomed Wavey