Waxon Detailing Forum
Wash and Wax vs. Wash and A Wax - Printable Version

+- Waxon Detailing Forum (http://www.waxon.co.za)
+-- Forum: General & Galleries (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Lounge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Wash and Wax vs. Wash and A Wax (/showthread.php?tid=1089)

Wash and Wax vs. Wash and A Wax - jagged - 09-04-2010 10:18 AM

Hi Guys

What are your views Blah on a Wash and Wax Solution e.g. Product A wash and wax which saves time and money Clap compared to purchasing a seperate Wash Shampoo and Wax solution e.g. product B Shampoo and Product B Wax which seems to take up time and money Bawling Question Question

RE: Wash and Wax vs. Wash and A Wax - Woodie - 09-04-2010 10:29 AM

I have never been a fan of wash and wax products. I think the best product for the job is a dedicated product, i.e. a shampoo for washing and a wax for protection.

Even if you were to use a wash and wax combo, the best it could do is boost the existing layer of wax on the car. It will not be good enough as a your sole protection product.

That being said, I'm known to be a Meguiars fanboy, and will be testing out their new Gold Class Wash & Wax when it arrives locally - but as a shampoo with added benefits rather than an all in one solution.

RE: Wash and Wax vs. Wash and A Wax - calypso - 09-04-2010 01:52 PM

Think about it this wax, wax is oily. And we all know what water and oil do. So how much washed on wax will adhere to the washed service?

RE: Wash and Wax vs. Wash and A Wax - onyx - 09-04-2010 08:49 PM

The LSP stage for me is most rewarding... So I'd say a dedicated wash and seperatw wax.
btw CG CWG whilst not a wash/wax product, it does however give a great sleek shine!