Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.14 Average
Collinite range now available...
08-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Collinite range now available...
I am pleased to announce that I am now able to offer you the Collinite range of auto waxes Clap

For those unfamiliar with the brand, here are some details taken directly from the Collinite site:

" Since 1936, Collinite has been manufacturing premium quality wax and cleaning products for the automotive, marine and industrial markets. Its products' time tested durability have earned Collinite top honors and accolades in such renowned national publications as Powerboat Reports, Boating Magazine and Guru Reports. Praised by its word of mouth reputation for use of the finest ingredients available, Collinite has found a significant niche among the nation's leading automotive and marine enthusiasts.

The company was founded in 1936 by the late Charles H. Collins, who entered the automobile field with one single purpose in mind; to supply his customers with the highest grade products regardless of costs. Collinite is proud to still operate under this basic fundamental practice to this day. Its waxes and cleaners will never be found in cut-rate stores, nor the quality of its products compromised for marketing or quick profit shortcuts.
"

I am sure however that most of you guys are familiar with the products and their renowned durability which rivals even the finest, high grade nuba's on the market Thumb

Below are some details on the various products, again taken directly from the Collinite website.

Collinite 476 Super Doublecoat auto wax

[Image: permauto-new%5B1%5D.jpg]

260ml & 530ml
RRP @ R165.00 and R260 respectively

" One of the finest paste type auto waxes available. Easy to apply and absolutely DETERGENT PROOF. Collinite Super Doublecoat is guaranteed to outlast and outshine any other competitive auto wax, polish or protective coating under any conceivable condition. That's why it's called the PERMANENT AUTO WAX. No hard rubbing or buffing... and no special applicator is required. Collinite Super Doublecoat will last a full year, even under adverse conditions. Clear coat safe. "

Collinite 915 Marque d'Elegance auto wax

[Image: marqcan-new%5B1%5D.jpg]

350ml
RRP @ R305.00

" For the BEST in wax endurance, Marque d'Elegance is the product to have. Car enthusiasts demand a wax that is proven to protect in the most demanding environments, rain or shine, on track or on the street. They have discovered that Collinite Marque d'Elegance gives their valuable automotive investments a blinding, lasting shine because its formulated from the highest-ever concentration of pure Carnauba waxes. And no abrasives means all Collinite waxes are absolutely clear coat safe. It doesn't get any better! "

Collinite No. 845 Insulator wax

[Image: insulator-new%5B1%5D.jpg]

475ml
RRP @ R155.00

" This heavy duty liquid wax was originally developed for use by electric power companies for protection against high voltage power failure, fires and explosions. It's primary use is on the finishes of automobiles, trucks, buses and airplanes where durability, high gloss and lasting protection are paramount. An excellent choice for fleet applications and very easy to use - requires minimum rubbing or buffing. Clear coat safe. "

For all the bargain hunters this Xmas I have put together an awesome introductory promotion...Details available here Thumb

Some answers to a few of the FAQ's

What is the difference between the 845 and the 476s?

The 845 and 476s are made with the same ingredients, but the 476s lasts longer due to the fact that it has a higher concentration of natural and synthetic waxes. This is why the 476s is slightly tougher to work with. The 845 has been Collinite’s overall best seller for 20 years due to the fact that it has excellent durability combined with an ease of use.

How long do these waxes typically last?

Liquid Wax (845): 5-7 months depending on UV exposure*

Paste Wax (476): 9-11 Months depending on UV exposure*

Marque D’Elegance (915): 8-10 months depending on UV exposure*

Keeping your car in the sun all the time will slightly reduce these figures, and so will washing your car constantly with highly potent grease-cutting soaps. The wax is meant to protect your paint from the elements, so anything more than a non-abrasive soap is not necessary. Many times, hosing off your vehicle and drying it off with a towel will keep it looking great while preserving the coat of wax you applied.

*Figures from Collinite. I would hazard a guess and suggest that local durability will be slightly shorter on a daily driver.

Liquid wax vs paste wax?

This is personal preference. Both will ultimately give you very similar results and protection. The paste waxes are slightly harder to work with, but the protection provided in terms of durability is superior. The liquid wax is typically more popular, mainly down to ease of use whilst still providing excellent durability.

If I wax my car twice, will it give double the durability?

Waxing twice may marginally increase durability, but it is not necessary. These products are formulated to provide lasting protection, and are not required to be applied one right after the other.

If you wish to however, I would suggest going over the bonnet, roof and boot twice, as these are the area that are most prone to rainfall and UV exposure. The sections of a car that will rust the quickest are around the wheel wells, so be sure that these are also protected.

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2009, 10:50 AM
RE: Collinite range now available...
You are on top form Carn, can't wait to hear of the Xmas hampers
Find all posts by this user
09-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Clap

Sooooo about that 'Awesome introductory offer'... Any chance i'll be able to take advantage of it and give it a go this weekend? Bluebiggrin

[Image: Waxonwaxoff2.jpg]
09-12-2009, 05:23 PM
Thanks Siya Thumb

@ Onyx, for sure. Details will be posted this evening Bluebiggrin

If you can collect in Rivonia again let me know and I will make the necessary arrangements Wink

www.mobileimage.co.za

09-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Promo details are now online Thumb

www.mobileimage.co.za

09-12-2009, 08:08 PM
Don and myself brought 476 and 915 into SA about a year ago now

Nobody was really interested in it . It was advertised on Waxon and the Poor Boys website

[Image: Crop.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Raceglaze range in depth... Carn 19 64,623 23-07-2010 11:46 AM
Last Post: PaulVW
  Collinite Easter combo sale... Carn 9 24,946 01-04-2010 08:51 AM
Last Post: Lambchop
Wink New Chemical Guys range 'almost' available... Carn 6 21,425 14-01-2010 10:06 PM
Last Post: Rory