Thread Rating:
  • 11 Votes - 3.64 Average
Freelander II - correction and RaceGlaze 55 test
16-11-2009, 10:39 PM (This post was last modified: 16-11-2009 10:55 PM by TheWusman.)
RE: Freelander II - correction and RaceGlaze 55 test
(16-11-2009 07:52 PM)calypso Wrote:  Im not convinced about which is better when it comes to applying LSP. I think the time is nearly the same. Where the machine is faster on bigger panels its slower to re apply and you just have to move tape or go back to finish delicate areas by hand. The machine does however give a nice 'worked in' feel to the LSP. But likei said earlier, I cant decide whats better, and i probably apply LSP 70% hand and 30% machine.

Nee fok julle is almal mal Bluebiggrin

Anybody wanting to apply a "gentle" layer of wax by hand to a large fokken Freelander II is welcome to swing past every second weekend. I'll throw in some beers and provide some RG 55 and pads.

@Nick - The S4 will get the "scarlett johansson is lying in your garage, so give her a rub down by hand please old chap" treatment.

The Freelander certainly ain't no supermodel to start with. She's a big sturdy English lass with 36 DD's from Manchester or Liverpool at best, who's been knocked up by her cousin. In other words, there's a whole lotta' surface area to play with.

With a large 4x4, sometimes the Pick n Pay cleaning strategy works best. Bluebiggrin

But I see your point. Perhaps I'm enjoying my new toy far too much. Having spent years doing *everything* by hand (including the odd rub and a tug ........... on the polishing cloth) it's nice to save my arthritic fingers a bit.

And even at R710 a tub, considering the small quantity applied to cover a complete Freelander, that tub will last until I turn 40. Or so. Give or take a few cars.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Freelander II - correction and RaceGlaze 55 test - TheWusman - 16-11-2009 10:39 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  318i Paint Correction - First Attempt Sankekur 9 28,289 03-09-2011 10:19 AM
Last Post: springbok
  single step correction on a Toyota Vitz zckid 8 23,896 29-07-2011 09:39 PM
Last Post: zckid
  Remini Red LR Freelander - Take 2 PaulVW 15 40,094 03-08-2010 09:48 AM
Last Post: onyx