Thread Rating:
  • 11 Votes - 3.64 Average
Freelander II - correction and RaceGlaze 55 test
16-11-2009, 10:10 AM (This post was last modified: 16-11-2009 10:16 AM by TheWusman.)
RE: Freelander II - correction and RaceGlaze 55 test
(16-11-2009 09:41 AM)Starvekos Wrote:  Looks great and the exterior trim came out nicely.

Care to share comments on the Signature Series pre-wax cleanser. Did you see any improvement in the finish (granted you did a full detail a week earlier) or were you using its soley to leave an oily free base of the 55?

Good question - because it is a very "different" product to anything I've used before.

I used a soft black applicator pad on the Megs G220 and applied a coat as instructed on a low speed setting, hardly any pressure applied.

It worked onto the paint to a light haze and buffed off with a mf cloth with ease - again no pressure required to take it off, a very light rub was all that was needed.

Then the surprise - the texture of the car still looked "waxed" (although not as newly waxed as say applying a fresh layer of Pete's 53 as I did last weekend). The real surprise was the paint "texture" - it didn't feel "waxed" anymore, but rather "glassy". Not wax "oily" but .... how do I describe it "like clean, smooth glass".

Perhaps that's the "prep" for the RG 55 to then have better bonding and longevity ?

Dunno - but it certainly seems to have done something ...Thinking

PS. After applying the RG 55 with low speed and applicator pad, the car feels totally waxed - clean glassy texture is gone ...

PPS. Having thought about this - the CG Citrus wash also leaves the car feeling slightly "glassy" and is known to strip waxes and previous LSP's if used in high enough concentration, perhaps this is exactly what the Pre-wax cleaner is doing then ... only in an easy to use and apply cream form.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Freelander II - correction and RaceGlaze 55 test - TheWusman - 16-11-2009 10:10 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  318i Paint Correction - First Attempt Sankekur 9 28,289 03-09-2011 10:19 AM
Last Post: springbok
  single step correction on a Toyota Vitz zckid 8 23,896 29-07-2011 09:39 PM
Last Post: zckid
  Remini Red LR Freelander - Take 2 PaulVW 15 40,095 03-08-2010 09:48 AM
Last Post: onyx