Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3 Average
Some new MF towels...
28-10-2009, 11:41 PM
Some new MF towels...
Along with the Raceglaze products, I received some towels from a UK based supplier to sample. Over the coming few weeks I will be putting them to the test and comparing them to my existing towels. This may prove difficult as you will soon find out...

A quick note: In order to keep all the comparisons fair between the different sized towels, I folded them all equally, ie fold in half and half again. For this reason you will see the folded towels vary in size, my main intention was to accurately compare the towels thickness Thumb

First up lets take a look at the regular 16x16/16x24 size 'work' towels.

From L to R we have: Sample towel, Werkstat 'super' plush towel (LSP towel) and Detailer Domain 'Uber' microfiber towel. The 'Uber' towel is a 16x24 towel, whereas the others are both 16x16 in size.
[Image: IMG_5787.jpg]

The first thing that stands out about the sample towel is purely it's thickness Icon_jaw

As you can see below, the sample towel is easily 3 times the thickness of the 'Uber' towel, and twice as thick as the Werkstat towel...

[Image: IMG_5809.jpg]

Werkstat vs Uber
[Image: IMG_5806.jpg]

Sample vs Werkstat
[Image: IMG_5801.jpg]

Overall, aside from the pure thickness of the towel, the actual fabric feels slightly more 'fluffy' and soft than the others. How all of this will translate in terms of usability is still unknown, but as far as a QD or spray sealant product is concerned, I think this towel will rock!

Next up we have the super plush drying towel. This is the same towel many of the UK's top detailers use and it's no wonder why...

Here we have it side by side with the Chemical Guys Miracle Drier towel
[Image: IMG_5829.jpg]

Worth noting between these 2 is the size difference. In terms of m² the Miracle Drier is alot larger, possibly even twice the size. Once again though, as with the 'work' towels, the sample towel dwarfs even the Miracle Drier in terms of plushness and thickness.

[Image: IMG_5830.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5833.jpg]

Close up of the pile
[Image: IMG_5835.jpg]

As with the work towel, 'in the field' performance still needs to be evaluated. I personally think that despite the added thickness, the water holding capacity will be similar due to it's smaller size. For me the biggest differentiating factor between them will be the ability and speed with which the paintwork can be dried.

As far as drying your paint safely goes, I think the plusher the better and in this regard there is only 1 winner Bluebiggrin

I will update this post after the weekend once I have spent some time using the towels Thumb

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ultra Plush drying towels in stock... Carn 1 8,762 30-03-2011 09:55 AM
Last Post: Torres1