Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 3.63 Average
Just for Siya...
21-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Toungue Just for Siya...

Siya, Woodie and I know the significance of this gadget and how much joy it will bring to your life Bluebiggrin

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2009, 07:08 AM
RE: Just for Siya...
iTwinge - helping iTwits discover what Blackberry users have known for years Rofl
Find all posts by this user
22-09-2009, 02:25 PM
Aargh, you boys have jokes. I can't believe someone has spent time to develop such a product, is there a market for such an accessory.

Maybe you guys are not great sales people but I am not getting the Blackberry hype. The brief rundown over the weekend didn't highlight anything compelling about BB devices or their OS. I think WM and the iPhone are up there with BB as far as synching via Exchange Server. Web browsing looks horrible on the BB devices, do you guys use your phones to read and post comments on Waxon?

You guys just want me to join your circle of trust (instant messaging group)
22-09-2009, 03:35 PM
for a measly swap to a downgraded phone with simple camera mms functionality and decent battery life, you can have my utter POS Sangsum Onmia. I can honestly say that I have never been unhappier with a phone as I am right now.

freerider AKA don

22-09-2009, 03:45 PM
(22-09-2009 03:35 PM)freerider Wrote:  for a measly swap to a downgraded phone with simple camera mms functionality and decent battery life, you can have my utter POS Sangsum Onmia. I can honestly say that I have never been unhappier with a phone as I am right now.

Maybe the Blackberry Brotherhood will be in shortly to try and convince you to join the clan. Feels like it was only yesterday reading your post about the arrival of your Samsung Omnia
22-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Yeah it was great!..... Until I had to send the first SMS Sad

The screen keeps uncalibrating itself, so you touch on a letter and something completely different shows on the screen etc, try and calibrate the screen and its great for about 2 hours.

I want a Nokia again Sad I should have never ever moved away from Nokia. Even my crappy N70 was so much better than this thing. pity the screen died though.

freerider AKA don

22-09-2009, 06:59 PM
(22-09-2009 02:25 PM)Starvekos Wrote:  Aargh, you boys have jokes. I can't believe someone has spent time to develop such a product, is there a market for such an accessory.

Maybe you guys are not great sales people but I am not getting the Blackberry hype. The brief rundown over the weekend didn't highlight anything compelling about BB devices or their OS. I think WM and the iPhone are up there with BB as far as synching via Exchange Server. Web browsing looks horrible on the BB devices, do you guys use your phones to read and post comments on Waxon?

You guys just want me to join your circle of trust (instant messaging group)

I am fairly certain there would be a huge market for that gizmo Siya. Many people like the tactile feel of actually pressing the buttons as opposed to tapping them on a screen...

Siya when I 1st saw a BB in action (functioning model in an MTN store) I was also initially underwhelmed. Having taken the plunge and finally gotten to grips with the BB I wouldn't swap it for anything. I have always been a die hard Nokia fan since sampling various Samsung's, LG's and SE's but I won't be going back anytime soon.

Web browsing on the BB's is admittedly limited and can prove frustrating when trying to reply to forum posts, etc. In general though for browsing it gets the job done. Not quite as good as the iPhone's web experience (screen real estate is lacking in comparison), but it's not intended as a web browser (for me anyways) Wink

www.mobileimage.co.za

23-09-2009, 07:09 AM
(22-09-2009 02:25 PM)Starvekos Wrote:  You guys just want me to join your circle of trust (instant messaging group)

Not to worry Siya - I'll install the BB Google Talk app so that you can loiter on the outer fringes of the circle of trust Bluebiggrin

(22-09-2009 06:59 PM)Carn Wrote:  Web browsing on the BB's is admittedly limited and can prove frustrating when trying to reply to forum posts, etc. In general though for browsing it gets the job done. Not quite as good as the iPhone's web experience (screen real estate is lacking in comparison), but it's not intended as a web browser (for me anyways) Wink
Agreed - I do very little browsing on my BB. I enjoy the communications aspect of the BB - IM, push e-mail across several mail accounts, etc. If you want a portable web browser, get an iPod Touch.
23-09-2009, 08:05 AM
The iPhone is an awesome user friendly machine, even more so if jail broken. But the lack of multi tasking can be a problem for some.
23-09-2009, 10:18 AM
I have a lot of respect for the Iphone.

I have a Samsung I780 which is an extremely powerful Windows based phone with a huge variety of features... My only issue is that it is over engineered.

Its like Microsoft tried too hard. The Iphone is simplified, precise and far better than any Windows Mobile platform I have ever come across...

Im in the same position as Don is.

Mike
23-09-2009, 10:41 AM
Yeah you know, the windoze mobile platform does everything and more on paper, but IRL its a pain in the ass to use.

freerider AKA don

23-09-2009, 06:37 PM
(23-09-2009 10:41 AM)freerider Wrote:  Yeah you know, the windoze mobile platform does everything and more on paper, but IRL its a pain in the ass to use.

Any BSOD's yet Mike and Don Rofl

Oh and welcome back Mike, where the hell you been you loafer Wavey

www.mobileimage.co.za

23-09-2009, 06:48 PM
BSOD's?

freerider AKA don

23-09-2009, 07:04 PM
(23-09-2009 06:48 PM)freerider Wrote:  BSOD's?

Blue Screens Of Death....a windoze trademark Rofl

www.mobileimage.co.za

23-09-2009, 10:57 PM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2009 10:58 PM by springbok.)
I am waiting for the arrival of my Nokia N97.

I don't have the foggiest what any of you feckers are talking about, it sounds like prawn language from District 9, but I like Nokia Bluebiggrin
24-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Hahahahahaha!

Surprisingly no blue screen for me... Just a veeeerrryyy slow phone. Reformated it twice since I got it in Feb... Sorta keeps the gremlins away.

Sorry I have been scarce. Work has been mad this side (So much so that I had to employ another person to help me run the Liqui Moly range) but its all good. My detailing has stepped down a bit as I have either been too tired or too busy to bother with cleaning etc hence why I havnt really been around.

Hopefully detailing a certain M3 soon but from what Don tells me I think I will decline the offer.... Don.... I looked at the rims today... They are bad!

Mike

P.S - Sony Ericsson FTW
24-09-2009, 10:29 PM
(24-09-2009 05:47 PM)Liqui-Moly Wrote:  Hahahahahaha!

Surprisingly no blue screen for me... Just a veeeerrryyy slow phone. Reformated it twice since I got it in Feb... Sorta keeps the gremlins away.

Sorry I have been scarce. Work has been mad this side (So much so that I had to employ another person to help me run the Liqui Moly range) but its all good. My detailing has stepped down a bit as I have either been too tired or too busy to bother with cleaning etc hence why I havnt really been around.

Hopefully detailing a certain M3 soon but from what Don tells me I think I will decline the offer.... Don.... I looked at the rims today... They are bad!

Mike

P.S - Sony Ericsson FTW

Good to hear that the business is busy Mike...

Take on the ///M Mike, it will be a nice re-entry into the detailing world Bluebiggrin

www.mobileimage.co.za

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Congratulations Siya and SO Carn 10 20,082 01-04-2009 08:17 PM
Last Post: springbok