11-07-2009, 08:20 PM
RE: Some new goodies that arrived today
Ooooo is it for me?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Xmas in July! Clap

Looking forward to seeing that Black Hole in action!
What pads are those Carn?

[Image: Waxonwaxoff2.jpg]
11-07-2009, 11:45 PM
Please give more details for a noob like me, whats so special about those products?
Are you reselling those brushes? If so, at what price?

[Image: go4g43it2wi6u6xpewca-1.jpg]
12-07-2009, 02:27 PM
(11-07-2009 08:13 PM)freerider Wrote:  Very cool, those MF towels look very plush Bluebiggrin

They are indeed, some of the softest I have laid my paws on thus far Bluebiggrin

(11-07-2009 08:20 PM)calypso Wrote:  Ooooo is it for me?

[Image: FindingNemo-MineSeagull.jpg]

(11-07-2009 10:02 PM)onyx Wrote:  Xmas in July! Clap

Looking forward to seeing that Black Hole in action!
What pads are those Carn?

Yea, can't wait to try out the BH myself.

The pads are LC CCS 4" spot pads. I already have a few sets of spot pads, but these ones feature the new 'Constant Pressure' technology (blue layer of foam) which is supposed to distribute the pressure evenly. Will see how they compare when I use them and if there is any difference at all Wink

(11-07-2009 11:45 PM)dood786 Wrote:  Please give more details for a noob like me, whats so special about those products?
Are you reselling those brushes? If so, at what price?

Nothing special per se dood, just a Werkstat Acrylic kit (really loving the system on light coloured cars) and Poorboys Black Hole Glaze which is quite highly rated as far as glaze's go. The rest are simply some plush MF's and some new applicators I am trying out.

The brushes were ordered in for the Ez-Brush GB which returned from the grave on MOL and morphed into a Daytona GB. All of the initial 8 I got in are unfortunately sold but I have another box on back order which should be here within the next 6 weeks or so Wink

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-07-2009, 06:19 PM
Constant pressure technology hey.... Thinking
Be sure to give us your thoughts on those!

Are those applicator pads in the back the Blackfire variety? They're supposed to be an improvement on the Megs foam appliactors....

[Image: Waxonwaxoff2.jpg]
12-07-2009, 06:58 PM
The megs foam applicators suck ass! you can only use the one side, because of that stupid Meguiars stamp on the other side, where product just builds up

freerider AKA don

12-07-2009, 07:01 PM
(12-07-2009 02:27 PM)Carn Wrote:  Nothing special per se dood, just a Werkstat Acrylic kit (really loving the system on light coloured cars) and Poorboys Black Hole Glaze which is quite highly rated as far as glaze's go. The rest are simply some plush MF's and some new applicators I am trying out.

The brushes were ordered in for the Ez-Brush GB which returned from the grave on MOL and morphed into a Daytona GB. All of the initial 8 I got in are unfortunately sold but I have another box on back order which should be here within the next 6 weeks or so Wink

cool bananas - i need to get to makro next weekend for a brush

[Image: go4g43it2wi6u6xpewca-1.jpg]
15-07-2009, 10:16 AM
Is Werkstadt Acrylic similar to Klasse/Car-Lack?

As you know I'm sold on Acrylic Sealant and swear by it
15-07-2009, 08:10 PM
(15-07-2009 10:16 AM)springbok Wrote:  Is Werkstadt Acrylic similar to Klasse/Car-Lack?

I don't know how similar they are in practice as I have never used the Klasse products, but both are acrylic sealants with similar application methods/methodologies. I would imagine they are essentially variations of a similar product type (acrylic sealants) and judging from what I have read about the 2 products in online discussions, both have been extremely well received.

I personally have fallen in love with the Jeff's Acrylic system on lighter colours, hence the decision to get in a full kit for use on clients cars.

If you keen to try it out I can always send you a sample in the mail Wink

www.mobileimage.co.za

16-07-2009, 10:15 AM
Thanks Dave thats very helpful. I was reading up about Werkstadt last night and it sounds very similar to Klasse/Car-Lack, just marketed a whole lot better. Polished Bliss is very good with info about products.

While you are at it I am still looking for a replacement bottle of Aerospace 303. Can you oblige? I really wish I had gone for the GB at the time. I am nearly out. I just love the stuff.
16-07-2009, 12:55 PM
Those microfiber towels look super plush. How do you rate them compared to the Werkstat plush towel?

(15-07-2009 10:16 AM)springbok Wrote:  Is Werkstadt Acrylic similar to Klasse/Car-Lack?

Answer to your questiion
16-07-2009, 09:23 PM
Thanks Siya.
16-07-2009, 10:21 PM
(16-07-2009 10:15 AM)springbok Wrote:  Thanks Dave thats very helpful. I was reading up about Werkstadt last night and it sounds very similar to Klasse/Car-Lack, just marketed a whole lot better. Polished Bliss is very good with info about products.

While you are at it I am still looking for a replacement bottle of Aerospace 303. Can you oblige? I really wish I had gone for the GB at the time. I am nearly out. I just love the stuff.

Sure thing, let me know how much you wanting as I only have a little left at the moment. I have a few things to send down to Don in the coming week or so, so it can all go together if that works for you. If I don't have enough you'll need to wait a week or 3, I have another gallon coming and after that it will be at least 6 weeks before the new stock arrives Wink

(16-07-2009 12:55 PM)Starvekos Wrote:  Those microfiber towels look super plush. How do you rate them compared to the Werkstat plush towel?

These are the Werkstat ones Mr S. So far they proving to be the nicest MF's I have yet to lay my paws on Wink

(16-07-2009 12:55 PM)Starvekos Wrote:  

Answer to your questiion

Nice find Siya, going by that post it seems as if they are indeed variations of a similar formula Thumb

www.mobileimage.co.za

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Writing my drivers today! Liqui-Moly 8 16,188 18-06-2009 10:27 AM
Last Post: Liqui-Moly
  Stayed at home today - flu freerider 14 26,002 04-05-2009 09:31 AM
Last Post: Liqui-Moly
  heard something funny today... revo 3 8,605 23-12-2008 08:20 AM