Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 2.67 Average
im new
22-07-2009, 06:33 PM
RE: im new
I am sure Don can hook you up with almost everything on your list. If you in Jhb you can get some 303 and Sonax rim cleaner from myself Wink

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2009, 10:36 PM
ive made contact with don and will be ordering sum goodies soon
im in durbs - would you be able to post me some 303 and sonax????????
Find all posts by this user
27-07-2009, 06:44 PM
(26-07-2009 10:36 PM)albow grease Wrote:  ive made contact with don and will be ordering sum goodies soon
im in durbs - would you be able to post me some 303 and sonax????????

Sure thing, drop me a pm with all your info and I will get some off to you Wink

www.mobileimage.co.za

02-08-2009, 03:17 PM
thank you carn
i will contact you in the week and we can sort out the trade
my moola for your goodies
lol
thanks amill
12-08-2009, 10:54 PM
little update
got abit carried away and got me some meguairs
got the pink carwash, paint cleaner, swirl x, and nxt polish/sealer dis thing plus got the rim wax (that thing smells awesome)
just waiting on some more goodies and ill be good to go
09-12-2009, 11:44 AM
okay, got me some autostyle evo clay and tried it on my dormant project car. the results are awesome
smooth. I washed the car, clayed, meg paint cleaner, meg swirl x and meg nxt. Is there any other product that i need to include somewhere in there or is that cool???????
09-12-2009, 05:27 PM
(09-12-2009 11:44 AM)albow grease Wrote:  okay, got me some autostyle evo clay and tried it on my dormant project car. the results are awesome
smooth. I washed the car, clayed, meg paint cleaner, meg swirl x and meg nxt. Is there any other product that i need to include somewhere in there or is that cool???????

You seem to have covered all of the bases Albow Grease. The only addition I can see would be that of a tar removal stage if you have any stubborn blobs that don't come off with the clay Thumb

www.mobileimage.co.za

13-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Thanks Carn - Got meg bug and tar removal something spray. What stage do i use this?
Do i do the entire body or just affected areas?
13-12-2009, 10:59 PM
Be careful with that stuff, its designed for spot treatment, but can make a big mess in a hurry. Dries white and gets in everywhere. I know most people that bought the Megs bug and tar remover threw it away after one use, including me.
14-12-2009, 07:48 AM
(13-12-2009 10:59 PM)calypso Wrote:  Be careful with that stuff, its designed for spot treatment, but can make a big mess in a hurry. Dries white and gets in everywhere. I know most people that bought the Megs bug and tar remover threw it away after one use, including me.

Certainly not the greatest product to come out of Meguiar's. For bug / insect removal, try the Sonax Insect remover (red spray bottle) and for tar removal I would recommend the Sonax Tar Remove (aerosol can).

These products are for spot treatment, they will reduce if not remove your LSP protection (the layer of NXT Tech Wax that you currently have on)
15-12-2009, 08:02 AM
(13-12-2009 10:59 PM)calypso Wrote:  I know most people that bought the Megs bug and tar remover threw it away after one use, including me.

Not me! (Always a dissenting opinion, isn't there?)

I think it's great stuff and have used it countless times to remove tar spots and the odd blob of tree sap. The thing is, it's not meant to be lathered on all over and definitely do NOT allow it to dry. It smells great (coconut) and has a thick creamy consistancy and melts the offending spot away. And yes, you need to re-apply protection after use.

Other than that I don't know what the problem is?
17-12-2009, 08:10 AM
I agree with Springbok. Great stuff, just use it as a spot treatment, don't let it dry, recote LSP.

]
17-12-2009, 04:46 PM
No man, you guys gotta try some better products Tongue
18-12-2009, 10:47 AM
What is a good bug and tar remover A? I also dont like the Megs stuff too much, it dissolves some bugs, but the residue is an issue for me. can you do it prior to a wash and simple wash the residue away, or does it not shift with washing?
19-12-2009, 09:04 AM
I've always used the Sonax Tar remover (liquid not aerosol). Work's really well for Tar deposits as well as any other sticky residues Thumb

For bugs I always just use APC and the pressure washer. I've tried both the Poor-Boys Bug Squash and Sonax bug remover but IMHO they don't do any better than a simple APC soaking and rinse. Some of the more stubborn ones still require a little agitation to get off.

www.mobileimage.co.za

19-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Residue?? What residue?

There is no residue if you use it as directed.