17-06-2009, 09:02 AM
Writing my drivers today!
Nervous as hell!! Rofl

Wish me luck!! (I need it)

Mike
Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2009, 10:52 AM
RE: Writing my drivers today!
Good luck dude, try to think positive and get rid of those nerves, they will only help you to stuff up Bluebiggrin

freerider AKA don

Find all posts by this user
17-06-2009, 12:04 PM
lol!

Too late... Failed...

Everything was perfect until we did parallel parking... Couldnt get the Corsa bakkie to fit... Kept wanting to ride the curb... The tester dude said its cos of the wheel base... Hes talking sh*t. I have parellel parked that bakkie numerous times in yard tests and real life with no issues.

Guess it was the nerves... Next time Im hiring a Smart Car. Bluebiggrin

Mike
17-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Ah sucks dude! I almost think they do shite like this on purpose (make the parking bay smaller) just to generate funds for the traffic department.

freerider AKA don

17-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Eish dude, bad luck!

Get yourself a Peel P50 for the next attempt Rofl

[Image: article-1137269-034F45C0000005DC-467_468x301_popup.jpg]

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Haha!

Im not too phased... turns out I was unfairly failed today...

He failed me on the basis that the car was skew in the parking bay... well he is wrong. it doesn't matter if the car is skew. as long as it is in the demarcated area then its fine and I was in the demarcated area... just wish I had thought of that when he failed me.

I also had a chat to my instructor who has told me that **** the guy who tested me (who is of a darker complexion) often fails whiter skinned students and always passes darker skinned students who accordin to my instructor required a miracle to pass. Im rather disgusted that this still occurs in this country. Sad

So I took a drive to Gordons bay and book for the 14th August. not too far away. I also discussed the issue of the bakkie not fitting and the head officer allowed me to look at the parallel parking section which unlike Ottery is set up how my instructor sets it up.

The people at Gordons bay are extremely helpful. the building is clean. and unlike ottery where the testers wear tracksuit pants and a shirt the testers at gordons bay wear proper uniform and look decent.

Im in two minds as to whether I will do my retest in the Corsa or hire a smaller car. will stick to the corsa I reckon.

As you guys can imagine im rather pissed off at being fobbed off like a fool.

Mike
17-06-2009, 10:39 PM
It seems to be the norm these days, dont take it to heart, I have heard of many learners being failed for stupid reasons, where others pass that should not be alowed near a car let alone in a car on a public road.

Regardless of colour, this will occur all over, it sadly also has a lot to do with whether the piggy got some that morning or not it would seem Bluebiggrin

freerider AKA don

18-06-2009, 09:45 AM
Mike

I am sure you will roll your eyes and and say how predictable that I would comment on your last post. I appreciate that this is a free board and everyone is welcome to share their views, however I've noticed how you are quick to attribute things to typical South African behavior.
18-06-2009, 10:27 AM
Hello Starvekos

Not at all. I wont roll my eyes. Mainly because I sort of agree with you.

I think we need to agree that incidents like this do still (even 15 years into a democracy) occur and my previous post was simply to state that I was disgusted that this still occured in our country. This unfortunately in my opinion is a typically South African thing. We hear about it in the news and my instructor even warned me about it.

Im upset that I was failed unfairly and I regret not noticing this at the time.

Being failed for no reason isnt a South African thing... As Don said. It happens everywhere. But the "reasoning" behind the failure is in my opinion a typical example of South African behaviour. I wish we could get over this sort of thing.

Mike

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Toungue Some new goodies that arrived today Carn 14 30,549 16-07-2009 10:21 PM
Last Post: Carn
  Stayed at home today - flu freerider 14 25,998 04-05-2009 09:31 AM
Last Post: Liqui-Moly
  heard something funny today... revo 3 8,605 23-12-2008 08:20 AM
Last Post: MeTsU