Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 2.2 Average
Hello
26-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Hello
Hi All

I'm brand new and keen to learn more about detailing. Very impressed with some of the cars in show and shine section.Wavey
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2009, 03:27 PM
RE: Hello
Hello Don (Another one lol)

Welcome to the holy grail of car cleaning (AKA Obsession). May you enjoy your stay.

Anything we can help you with just give us a shout. What cars have you worked on? Get some piccies up.

Mike
26-05-2009, 04:22 PM
im trying to remember if this was my alter ego that signed up Thinking

If not..... Wavey welcome don! Bluebiggrin

freerider AKA don

26-05-2009, 07:55 PM
Welcome Don, I am certain you will enjoy your stay. If it detailing you wanting to learn about then you have come to the right place Wink

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-05-2009, 09:19 PM
howdy Wavey
26-05-2009, 11:39 PM
hello and welcome

[Image: go4g43it2wi6u6xpewca-1.jpg]
02-06-2009, 01:43 PM
(26-05-2009 03:27 PM)Liqui-Moly Wrote:  Hello Don (Another one lol)

Welcome to the holy grail of car cleaning (AKA Obsession). May you enjoy your stay.

Anything we can help you with just give us a shout. What cars have you worked on? Get some piccies up.

Mike

Hi All

Thanks 4 the welcomeBluebiggrin
@ Freerider - i'm another Don, but we all good peoplStr8pimp

Mike, i haven't really worked on many cars just tried to work on my black magic Polo. I usually wash her with Megs NXT wash, dry with microfibre cloth, then treat her to some megs NXT wax, tyres with megs high endurance gel and seats with megs leather polish.

Unfortunately no pics at the moment. I have to be honest, i have been neglecting her for a few monthsHammerhead and have been taking her to pur car wash @ work, there's a whole lot of swirl marks nowBawling. Need to sort her out soon - if not i have to get it done professionally cos i hate driving around like this.

I'm gonna give it a try this weekend and will let u guys know.

Don
02-06-2009, 02:10 PM
Hello Don

Firstly... Do you work for Meguirs? Some good promo action going on up there Bluebiggrin

Refresh my memory... Black Magic is metallic right? The same as the MK5's...

Where about are you based? I wouldnt mind helping you with the car if you are close.

Whats your plan of action this weekend? Any processes in mind?

Mike
02-06-2009, 02:32 PM
(02-06-2009 02:10 PM)Liqui-Moly Wrote:  Hello Don

Firstly... Do you work for Meguirs? Some good promo action going on up there Bluebiggrin

Refresh my memory... Black Magic is metallic right? The same as the MK5's...

Where about are you based? I wouldnt mind helping you with the car if you are close.

Whats your plan of action this weekend? Any processes in mind?

Mike

Mike to be honest, i didn't know they were any other good polishes besides megs until i did some research on the netThinking
Yes black magic is the same as the G5. I'm based in Hyde Park / Craighall Park area in Randburg.

I also have megs scratch X, and a brand new bottle of megs caranuba wax - brand loyal heyBluebiggrin

How abt some suggestions, i might take the day off on Thursday to detail the car so all info will be appreciated.
02-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Take a looksee here:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index....pic=4823.0

Quite a useful thread with tons of info.

I have a process I use myself. If you want I can post it up.

Mike
02-06-2009, 03:01 PM
(02-06-2009 02:50 PM)Liqui-Moly Wrote:  Take a looksee here:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index....pic=4823.0

Quite a useful thread with tons of info.

I have a process I use myself. If you want I can post it up.

Mike

Thx Mike, will have a look at home, we blocked from motoring sites at work, i'm surprised how i got on here....lol

I got the day off this Thursday so after i check out the website at home 2nite and see if i can do it, alternatively you can post up.

Thx again Mike
02-06-2009, 08:59 PM
Dont worry when your boss notices a huge loss in bandwidth and sees a Sparkly car outside Im sure he will put two and two together Wink

**My Dad did**

This could be a good start to a thread. I will start a thread in Random Chat where everyone can post up their wash techniques... Then once we have a good few techniques we can put it together into one "Ultimate Detailing Guide".

And its a pleasure mate!

Mike
02-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Heya Don,

I will more than likely be working on something this weekend (not certain what yet as I have a few clients to shuffle) and you are more than welcome to swing by. I am out in Boksburg on the East Rand but could be working on site depending again on what vehicle I have lined up.

In the meantime you can get some inspiration from this thread of mine. It is a Mk V GTI in Black Magic metallic and should give you some idea of the results achievable with the correct tools, products and a little bit of practice Bluebiggrin

www.mobileimage.co.za

03-06-2009, 08:07 AM
(02-06-2009 10:43 PM)Carn Wrote:  Heya Don,

I will more than likely be working on something this weekend (not certain what yet as I have a few clients to shuffle) and you are more than welcome to swing by. I am out in Boksburg on the East Rand but could be working on site depending again on what vehicle I have lined up.

In the meantime you can get some inspiration from this thread of mine. It is a Mk V GTI in Black Magic metallic and should give you some idea of the results achievable with the correct tools, products and a little bit of practice Bluebiggrin

Awesome Clap, well i'm gonna try and like i said if i cant do it myself, i'm going to get the pros in. Very impressive Carn, you are a professional detailer, right?
03-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Carn is deffo what I count as a proffessional... His work is exceptional!
03-06-2009, 09:59 AM
(03-06-2009 09:55 AM)Liqui-Moly Wrote:  Carn is deffo what I count as a proffessional... His work is exceptional!

I've been going through the show and shine section and yes Carn, very impressive
03-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Thanks guys I appreciate the comments but I don't quite consider myself to be a Pro....yet Bluebiggrin

We still learn lots of new things on almost every detail, but I guess that's part of what detailing is about and also helps keep me entertained. You would have also noticed I mentioned 'We' at the start of the previous sentence. I work alongside (I considered using 'hand in hand' but feared the homophobia onslaught that would ensue Rofl ) my partner Grant but unfortunately due to his condition at present will be slugging it out solo for the foreseable future.

Wink

www.mobileimage.co.za

03-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Screw Homophobia dude.

How is Grant at the moment? Also Dave.... We must chat.

I think that detailing requires an ongoing training pattern. No car is the same. No paint is the same and no polish is the same. You cant just train for it. I think you become a proffesional when you have experience with many cars and many products.

Mke