Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 2.17 Average
howzit guys
30-04-2009, 08:49 PM
howzit guys
New to the forum an detailing. Looking to learn as much as i can about the art. I finally got tired of collecting scratches from the local carwash and that is the reason i ended up here. can you guys share your views on the following:

I have high polished rims. How do you properly wash and mantain high polished rims(what products to use)Thinking.

Is there anywhere around Jhb/Gp where i can get a detailing startup kit.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2009, 08:54 PM
RE: howzit guys
Hello and Welcome Bluebiggrin

High polished rims... Im assuming you have a mk5 GTI? lol Thats the only time I have ever heard that term used... hehe

You can use a normal rim cleaner (I supply) and then you can use pretty much any LSP or wax you want on them. I use Collonite on the rims but there is a lovely product called Rimwax which has had some brilliant reviews... Give that a try.

I will let Carn and the other JHB guys help you with a starter kit.

Have fun!

Mike
30-04-2009, 09:04 PM
Hi blaqboi and welcome. If you looking to learn about detailing then you have come to the right spot Bluebiggrin

I am not certain what exactly you mean by 'high polished rims' but I will have a stab at a few common ones :

If it is the diamond cut finish that is cleared over (similar to many deep dish wheels and the Mk V GTI) then just about any regular paint polish should help bring back some of the shine. If however they are the bare polished aluminium type then a fine metal polish (Meg's NXT) would be what I would recommend. Some of these polished lip style mags are also cleared over and as such would require some polishing with an normal clear coat type polish as already mentioned Wink

As far as a starter kit goes I can help you out there Wink

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-05-2009, 08:19 AM
thanks guys for your comments. Carn what would your startup kit consist of. Also what am i looking at price wise.
01-05-2009, 12:51 PM
(30-04-2009 08:54 PM)Liqui-Moly Wrote:  Hello and Welcome Bluebiggrin

High polished rims... Im assuming you have a mk5 GTI? lol Thats the only time I have ever heard that term used... hehe

You can use a normal rim cleaner (I supply) and then you can use pretty much any LSP or wax you want on them. I use Collonite on the rims but there is a lovely product called Rimwax which has had some brilliant reviews... Give that a try.

I will let Carn and the other JHB guys help you with a starter kit.

Have fun!

Mike

Why do u keep ramming your products down new members throats ?
Why dont you just add a URL to your Signature so people can see what you sell . Your marketing is rather poor

[Image: Crop.jpg]
03-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Hello there

I dont ram my products... If you read the OP you would see he asked what products he should use on his rims... I suggested my rim cleaner and Rimwax. I also said I use Collonite. I dont even stock Rimwax and Collonite. Don does! Whats wrong with that?

FYI I also suggested that Carn put together a starter kit. I could also have done this yet... I asked Carn... How is that ramming?

And thanks.. .Will add a URL to my sig... Never thought of that... (Been a long week).

Mike

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Wink Hi Guys Lr3Disco 6 14,939 03-12-2010 10:44 AM
Last Post: PrevanP
  hi guys trendy 13 29,123 22-09-2010 01:37 PM
Last Post: Torres1
  howzit yakuza racer 13 29,345 31-08-2010 01:47 PM
Last Post: yakuza racer