Thread Rating:
  • 18 Votes - 2.22 Average
Detailing noob
20-05-2009, 06:07 PM
RE: Detailing noob
I would send the Black WOW if you were in PE.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Owright... lol.

Guess its just a shoot out between Liqui Moly, Chemical Guys and Aerospace.

Watch with my luck lately my product will come off worse... lol

Mike
23-05-2009, 07:02 PM
I applied the liqui-moly stuff today (can't remember the name sorry) and the aerospace. Applied half-half on the car.

The liqui-moly stuff was initially a lot more shiny but once it dried out they both pretty much looked the same. The Liqui-moly stuff is a bit easier to apply, I think because it's like "creamier" and the aerospace is quite a thin liquid so you have to rub it in a bit more. Will take some photos tomorrow to compare the two, and then take some photos every weekend or so to see how long they last.
23-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Hello Rory

Sounds good so far. I havnt yet tried the Aerospace Dave sent me. Hopefully get a chance tomorrow.

I think the real difference here between the two will be longevity. The Liqui Moly Product is designed to Deep Treat the Plastic. So I expect it should last longer.

I look forward to your pics.

Mike
23-05-2009, 08:45 PM
(18-05-2009 10:09 PM)calypso Wrote:  
(18-05-2009 09:50 PM)Carn Wrote:  I guess you could say the packaging on mine is 'rustic' at best Rofl But hey, it's the product that counts Bluebiggrin

Did you wrap it in the Checkers packet, or did you go all out and wrap in the Woolies bag.

Turned out to be pick and pay Wink
23-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Dont worry.. You got lucky Bluebiggrin

Mine burst in the post so when I opened the envelope I got Aerospace stuff all over me lol

Mike
23-05-2009, 09:12 PM
Yup, the 303 is very watery but works best as you have done by rubbing it into the plastic Wink

With the 303 being thinner and all I am fairly certain it would deep treat the plastic just as well as the thicker Liqui Moly stuff, if not even better Rofl

Wink

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Well as they say the proof is in the pudding Tongue
23-05-2009, 10:14 PM
I on the other hand am a firm believer that a product that is advertised as a Deep Treatment will surely do the correct job in fully restoring worn, faded or dull plastic. This product ultimately moisturises and rejuvenates the plastic whereas Aerospace (According to my homework) is merely a pretty face that will be washed off in the rain.

No doubt the Liqui Moly product will too be washed off... But at least your plastic will be fresher, stronger and depending on product effectiveness perhaps even remain dark.

I see a love hate relationship starting here Dave Bluebiggrin
Then again some competition is always good. Wink

Mike
24-05-2009, 09:19 AM
(23-05-2009 10:14 PM)Liqui-Moly Wrote:  I on the other hand am a firm believer that a product that is advertised as a Deep Treatment will surely do the correct job in fully restoring worn, faded or dull plastic. This product ultimately moisturises and rejuvenates the plastic whereas Aerospace (According to my homework) is merely a pretty face that will be washed off in the rain.

No doubt the Liqui Moly product will too be washed off... But at least your plastic will be fresher, stronger and depending on product effectiveness perhaps even remain dark.

I see a love hate relationship starting here Dave Bluebiggrin
Then again some competition is always good. Wink

Mike

What is 'advertised' and what actually takes place are often 2 different things. I however prefer seeing and believeing and as such will reserve judgement until such time as I have had the opportunity to test the products side by side.

In any event in the spirit of advertising here's something to read. Again, how legit the claims are who knows but if it's advertised to perform a certain task it "surely will"....Trust the marketing guys, they have your best interests at heart Bluebiggrin

At the end of the day the 303 is a proven product with a good track record in the detailing industry. When and more importantly 'if' the Liqui Moly range will have an impact, remains to be seen Wink

Now for some serious stuff...

I think it is time to rig up a more serious test for all these plastic products in terms of weather resistance and UV protection against fading. We have done a few impromptu tests before but nothing serious or long term. If I have a gap sometime this week I am going to get my hands on an old plastic bumper for some experiments. I have the following products at my disposal for this :

303 Aerospace
Werkstat Satin Prot
Meguiars NXT Tech Protectant
Mothers Back to Black
Poor Boys Trim Restorer
Sonax Trim Protectant - (this one is interesting in terms of it's product description being very similar to the LM one "High quality care emulsion for plastic and rubber parts. Cleans, maintains and protects. Penetrates deep into surface. Plastic and rubber parts are thoroughly cleaned and protected against all weathers.) Considering the LM range was apparently developed by the same guys who did the Sonax range is it merely a co-incidence? FTR the Sonax is milky in colour and has the consistency of a woolies double thick shake Bluebiggrin

Products for consideration if samples can be provided :

Meg's Gold Class : I am sure the Meg's sluts can provide a sample otherwise I'll pop into their offices and get some.
Black WOW : Calypso if you are willing and able a sample please Sir Wink
Liqui Moly : Mike if you willing and able squire Bluebiggrin
Chemical Guys : Maybe All Guard or Silk Shine, Don, Naushad?

Off the top of my head I can't think of anything else, suggestions are welcome though. Once I have all the products and have started the test and in the interest of fairness, I will send a complete selection of all the tested products to 1 or 2 other forum members to do their own side by side 'independant' testing. Volunteers welcome Wavey

www.mobileimage.co.za

24-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Cool ill make a plan. What surface you need to cover?
24-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Just something small Alexi, maybe enough to cover an area 30cm x 30cm. I would imagine 20ml would suffice Wink

www.mobileimage.co.za

24-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Cool no prob. One nice thing about Black WOW is that 20ml will probably do my whole car about 5 times.
24-05-2009, 08:14 PM
Sounds good!

Send me ur address via pm nd I will send a sample to you.

Mike
24-05-2009, 08:39 PM
This will be very interesting and I look forward to the results.

All I know is that up to know I have tried many many different products both inside and outside and I have never found anything that beats 303.
07-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Ok I've been slack about doing pics cos I've been busy trying to buy a house and whatnot. I took some pics today but you can't really see anything very well.

The liqui-moly stuff (still can't remember name, deep plastic treatment or something) was definitely a lot shinier. Was also kind of more oily to the touch after a few days. It's been 2 weeks now. The side I applied aerospace on seems to be fading already, both on the piece of plastic on the bumper and the plastic by the mirrors. I quite probably didn't apply enough of it as it was really a small amount that actually went on in comparison to the Liqui-moly stuff. The liqui-moly stuff appears to have gone a bit "patchy" but can only be noticed in pretty bright light.
07-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Right, Rory all the new CG stuff arrived with the supplier on Friday, it has all been taken into stock and I should have stuff by mid week to send out the backed up orders for all the new stuff.

freerider AKA don

08-06-2009, 08:27 AM
Hello Rory

Thanks for the feedback Bluebiggrin

Would it be possible to get a few pics even if it is cellphone pics of the "patchiness" you were refferring to? I seem to have noticed this on the bumper inserts of our Corsa and want to find out from Germany how to solve this issue.

Thanks!

Mike
08-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Hi

Yes I will try get pics but usually kinda dark by the time I get home and need bright light to see. Maybe will try something with a flash.
08-06-2009, 06:31 PM
Interesting results thus far, try get us some snaps if possible Rory Wink

www.mobileimage.co.za

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post