Thread Rating:
  • 11 Votes - 3 Average
new wheels
06-05-2009, 06:49 AM
RE: new wheels
Im not in love the rear end as such. But it looks good in general I think.

Its like the new Golf 6. Looks terrible in pictures but after seeing a black one on the freeway 2 days I can say it looks lush.

Mike
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2009, 08:34 AM
(05-05-2009 08:29 PM)revo Wrote:  so what do u guys think?

I'm I missing something or doff or what? Thinking
I can't see any pics of a car. Only the original pics of the wheels back at the begining of the thread.
Find all posts by this user
06-05-2009, 08:54 AM
think they where UNhosted

freerider AKA don

06-05-2009, 09:01 AM
Nahhh you aint being DOFFFFF....

The pix have gone bye-bye!

[Image: Waxonwaxoff2.jpg]
06-05-2009, 07:08 PM
lol.. I will upload the pix later.

As for the e92.. I think its one of the hottest designs bmw has done in a while.. All round, just clean, flowing lines.

You will have to see it in person to appreciate.
06-05-2009, 09:04 PM
Yes and No Revo...It's not as aggresive as the E46 but still pretty in it's own right. The thing is I have yet to see a regular 330ci or something look anywhere close to what an E46 M3 does but I have seen 335i's with sportkit's and wheels that unless you look twice could be mistaken for an E92 ///M.

Still a sexy car but it hasn't got the presence of an RS4 or the uniqueness of an E46 IMHO Wink

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-05-2009, 08:10 AM
RS4 is the shiznezz... End of discussion. Esp the Avant version hehe
07-05-2009, 08:33 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2009 08:35 AM by freerider.)
(07-05-2009 08:10 AM)Liqui-Moly Wrote:  RS4 is the shiznezz... End of discussion. Esp the Avant version hehe

Very nice car WHEN its going. A friend of mine in JHB had one and after owning it for 11 months it had spent 5 of them at audi.

The M3 still kicks its ass though Rofl

freerider AKA don

07-05-2009, 12:09 PM
Hmm yes... But its still and Audi and when you drive past the sounds of co*k, W*anker and other political terms dont follow you.

**The above is all my opinion and is not intended to cause offense towards BMW drivers. Its simply something that myself and Jeremy Clarkson have noticed**
07-05-2009, 12:33 PM
(07-05-2009 12:09 PM)Liqui-Moly Wrote:  Hmm yes... But its still and Audi and when you drive past the sounds of co*k, W*anker and other political terms dont follow you.

**The above is all my opinion and is not intended to cause offense towards BMW drivers. Its simply something that myself and Jeremy Clarkson have noticed**

IF you had watched any of the new topgear, you would notice that JC has changed his stance and reckons that all the cocks are now driving audis, so its safe once again to drive a bmw Rofl

freerider AKA don

07-05-2009, 12:35 PM
and jeremy clarkson stated that the c wankers are now the rs4 drivers. LoL.
Guess its all personal preference when it comes to cars.
i agree about the e92 m3 not appearing to be much different to the 335 in mtech guise, but if u know the 2 cars, there r so many differences.
To the guy on the street, he wouldnt know, but that was the same for e46 m3 and mtek 330ci.
I had a 325ci, often mistaken for m3.. By a majority that doesnt know the difference.
It may seem obvious to us.

They are all still nice cars, but today the e92 is making the 36 and 46 look very dated, imo.
This you only notice when they are parking next to each other.

I wouldnt mind having a collection of each.
oh yeh, audis are boring. LoL.
07-05-2009, 01:27 PM
I blame BBC. For playing all the repeats of old Topgear episodes. lol

I like BMW and would love a Z4 M hehe or a big 007 5 Series.

Audi isnt in my opinion all that boring. I have had a lot of fun in Audis before.
07-05-2009, 01:42 PM
(07-05-2009 01:27 PM)Liqui-Moly Wrote:  I blame BBC. For playing all the repeats of old Topgear episodes. lol

I like BMW and would love a Z4 M hehe or a big 007 5 Series.

Audi isnt in my opinion all that boring. I have had a lot of fun in Audis before.

hehe, so you admit they are boring, just not THAT boring Rofl

I would give my left nut for a R8, or even a S5. But I still love my BMW's

freerider AKA don

07-05-2009, 02:20 PM
We had a R8 racing us in our 1.8 Litre Corsa Bakkie today... Kicked his rear end - Yes we did...

Then he changed from neutral to first gear and with a slight fart left us driving like we were going backwards.....
Bloody cheap @ss Corsa... Useless excuse for a car...
07-05-2009, 09:01 PM
(07-05-2009 01:42 PM)freerider Wrote:  hehe, so you admit they are boring, just not THAT boring Rofl

I would give my left nut for a R8, or even a S5. But I still love my BMW's

The RS4 is without doubt a boring drive compared to an E46 M3. The S5 on the other hand is alot more fun despite sharing the same powerplant. The R8 I drove was fantastic, not stellar quick but what a noise and the GRIP Drool

Had a quick whirl not so long ago in a 135i, stupendously quick little car considering it's price tag and also a hoot to drive. BMW definately know how to put a drivers car together but I still maintain they could have made the new M3 more edgey.

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-05-2009, 09:26 PM
(07-05-2009 02:20 PM)Liqui-Moly Wrote:  We had a R8 racing us in our 1.8 Litre Corsa Bakkie today... Kicked his rear end - Yes we did...

Then he changed from neutral to first gear and with a slight fart left us driving like we were going backwards.....
Bloody cheap @ss Corsa... Useless excuse for a car...

soooo.... u NEARLY had him, right?
Bluebiggrin
07-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Yes Revo. Emphasise of course on the word "Nearly"... Bluebiggrin

lol

Truthfully though... We got our ass kicked by a 1.4 Corsa Sport Bakkie today (Same spec as ours except we have a 1.8)... Ok it had what looked like a aftermarket exhaust and it had a Steves Auto Clinic Sticker... But geez it left us behind... Time to send our bakkie in and see what the heck is wrong with it... We were redlining and he was just cruising. I dont think he even knew he was racing!

Mike
07-05-2009, 10:22 PM
Have you tried changing out of first? Rofl

(07-05-2009 09:58 PM)Liqui-Moly Wrote:  Yes Revo. Emphasise of course on the word "Nearly"... Bluebiggrin

lol

Truthfully though... We got our ass kicked by a 1.4 Corsa Sport Bakkie today (Same spec as ours except we have a 1.8)... Ok it had what looked like a aftermarket exhaust and it had a Steves Auto Clinic Sticker... But geez it left us behind... Time to send our bakkie in and see what the heck is wrong with it... We were redlining and he was just cruising. I dont think he even knew he was racing!

Mike

freerider AKA don

07-05-2009, 10:39 PM
RWD or nothing.
07-05-2009, 11:54 PM
HAHAHA

We even chucked in a bottle of Liqui Moly Speed Tec and although it made a huge improvement in fuel consumption and throttle response its still a hopeless car....

Not to mention the seatbelt falling off.... lol

Mike

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  black wheels? revo 7 15,781 25-09-2008 09:25 PM
Last Post: springbok