Thread Rating:
  • 10 Votes - 2.2 Average
Pommie in Jo'Burg
15-04-2009, 10:01 AM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2009 10:01 AM by Futch.)
Pommie in Jo'Burg
Greetings all!

My name is Matt, and last year I moved from the UK to Johannesburg.
I've fallen in love with SA and intend to stay as long as I can.

I have been detailing for around 8 years as a hobby, but on moving to SA I was unable to bring all my gear with me.
I'm slowly but surely building up a collection over here, so I can keep my 96' Citi Golf gleaming Big Grin (I bought it about 2 weeks ago as mini-resto project, and runabout)

I'm sure I will gain a lot of knowledge from this site, and look forward to meeting some fellow detailers. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2009, 10:54 AM
RE: Pommie in Jo'Burg
Hi Matt

Thanks for accepting the invitation to join us here at Waxon. When you joined the Meguiar's Forum a while back, I advised you to bring your kit from the UK. However, the South African detailing landscape has changed materially since then. While we were limited to Meguiar's, Sonax, Autoglym then, we now have a variety of brands to choose from namely 303, Collinite, Chemical Guys, Adams, SmartWax, TurtleWax et al.

Check out this online store for some of the above mentioned brands:

Spam alert!!! LOL

I will speak to Carn to see if we can revive the Joburg Detailers meet & greet session.

Feel free to rehash some of your work previously posted on Detailing World and post your pics here.
15-04-2009, 06:54 PM
Welcome Matt, great to have someone from WAY across the pond here with us Wink

@ Siya, meet and greet would be good but the thread on here didn't get a single reply Iono

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Welcome Matt. Wavey

Good to have you on board.
15-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Welcome to the forum. I expect updates on the Dub Resto Project hey (Im a huge fan).

Mike