Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 2.57 Average
Tyre pressure Gauge
22-03-2009, 11:10 AM
Tyre pressure Gauge
Might sound like a bit of a funny question, but I am looking to buy a really good quality tyre pressure gauge and wonder if any of you know where this can be sourced.

99% of all the gauges which are available from retailers are absolute crap. Ranging from about R49.00 up to about R150.00 they are all made in China, bubble wrapped, garbage. I have tried the "pencil" type one that pushes out an inner barrel, the small dial ones (they are the worst) and I am dubious about the looks of some of the digital ones which are on the shelves.

I kind of like the idea of the ones which have a short flexible pipe that connects to the valve leading to a large looking dial, but I have no idea where to get these.

Why do I want one? I have four cars (mine, wife, son and daughter) and I like to keep track of the tyre pressure so as to avoid expensive replacements due to under inflation. The pressure gauges on the hose lines at the garages are notoriously inaccurate and in many cases impossible to read.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2009, 12:12 PM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2009 12:18 PM by whattingh.)
RE: Tyre pressure Gauge
You could maybe try to get a good quality pressure gauge at a hardware store en get the needed fit and pipe to make your own on as you would like it. Just an idea. Sometimes easier to make what you want in SA.
Just found this: http://www.ats-motorsport.co.za/Products...1&CatID=27 scroll bit down
22-03-2009, 02:52 PM
I bought a cheapie digital, where i cant verify its accuracy it does 'feel' right. Normally what i do is overinflate my tires with Nitrogen and then when i have gotten home and things have cooled down adjust to the correct pressure.
22-03-2009, 10:02 PM
Whattingh, thats exactly what I am looking at. Thanks.

Now to find out how much it costsUhoh2
23-03-2009, 10:35 AM
Update - OUCH!!!! Hammerhead

R678.00 incl Bawling
23-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Get a digital one... We use ours on all our motorbikes and cars...

Pick one up at a motorbike dealership/shop. Works well even with the nitro in th Porsche tyres and is extremely accurate for the bikes. If you dont win let me know. I have to pick up some parts from Suzuki here for my dads Kawasaki and can get one and post it for you.

Mike

[Image: 64-1.jpg]

** Still thinking of something intelligent to say... **

:icon9:
23-03-2009, 07:57 PM
thanks, I will look.
22-04-2009, 12:03 PM