Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 3.92 Average
[split] My BMW 540i makeover thread - Engine flush discussion
27-02-2009, 07:36 AM
RE: My BMW 540i makeover thread
Good morning guys

Alrighty.....Just had a good read.

Quote:You don't clean the injectors with diesel Mike

I never said you could clean the injectors with diesel. What I did was say that for the ultimate clean you can use an injector cleaner or carb and valve cleaner.

Quote:In any event do you honestly believe the marketing mumbo jumbo?

No offence but this seems to be a South African problem. Carn I think you have been watching far too much Verimark Iono

Our products are approved with the TUV mark. This means that they are actually tested by the German authorities. The products obviously work as advertised since they have passed the test. You forget. You can get away with murder and rape here in SA. But in Germany you dont sell a fake product....

The brand has been in this industry for over 60 years. They have their own racing team (Using BMW) and hold some of the world records for drag racing.

On top of that we ourselves have over 18 years of experience in this industry. We have our own lubricant range and do you honestly think we would stock a product that doesnt work?

Quote:I doubt a R50 bottle of 'proper' gloop from a 'refutable' manufacturer will be any better at removing gunk left over by 'proper' oils from 'refutable' multi million dollar oil companies.

Big mistake. Never ever believe the fuel companies. Fuel is fuel and yes some fuels are blended differently they are all mostly the same. Techron ans all that is as you say. marketing gobbly gook.We have run our own tests on the different brands have found very little difference.

An example too is that BP own Total. You dont see BP marketing Techron do you? Makes you think.

Quote:if it was in any way harmfull the manufacturers wouldn't design their engines to accumulate the contaminants in the 1st place

This is an interesting statement. Since 2001 there have been major changes in the oil industry and in the designs of engines.

The major contributer to global warming is soot and ash which up until 2001 used to escape the vehicle out the exhaust. This was especially bad in diesel engines. So manufacturers changed the design of the engine. They designed it to keep the contaminants in the oil in suspension. Ever wondered why newer cars have tons of covering over the engine? Its partly to stop you from meddling as these contaminants (often gases) are highly toxic.

Because the cantaminants are inside the oil it is important to you proper flushes, proper techniques and to do it with every oil change.

Quote:Flush can loosen the particles you dont want meaning it could block the oil pick up and attack oil seal's and the car could start to leak oil after a while.

Fully agreed. But as said previously. If you are using a proper flush and not some cheap R30 bottle of green stuff then you will be fine. Our flush for example does not damage seals or create oil leaks. In fact it contains part of the oil leak stop additive we also stop which rejuvenates seals and stops oil patches.

Over the last few years I have heard of many cases where both machinary and vehicles have had issues due to the lack of correct maintenance procedures. Unless its perfectly safe. Dont do it.

My original post was not said in anger but purely in shock. I would have expected people that go full out to look after their cars would do the same for their cars engine.

I hope this post has explained where I am coming from.

Mike

[Image: 64-1.jpg]

** Still thinking of something intelligent to say... **

:icon9:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My BMW 540i makeover thread - 08micsta - 26-02-2009, 01:28 PM
RE: My BMW 540i makeover thread - 08micsta - 26-02-2009, 01:44 PM
RE: My BMW 540i makeover thread - Carn - 26-02-2009, 07:55 PM
RE: My BMW 540i makeover thread - 08micsta - 26-02-2009, 08:26 PM
RE: My BMW 540i makeover thread - Carn - 26-02-2009, 09:44 PM
RE: My BMW 540i makeover thread - Lambchop - 26-02-2009, 10:20 PM
RE: My BMW 540i makeover thread - KevSTer - 26-02-2009, 10:39 PM
RE: My BMW 540i makeover thread - Carn - 26-02-2009, 11:06 PM
RE: My BMW 540i makeover thread - Lambchop - 27-02-2009, 07:35 AM
RE: My BMW 540i makeover thread - 08micsta - 27-02-2009 07:36 AM
RE: My BMW 540i makeover thread - calypso - 27-02-2009, 07:50 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Smile The cure to boredom Thread aka TCBT Mimic 92 224,327 02-07-2009 09:27 PM
Last Post: Liqui-Moly
  The NWS thread - do not enter if you object to nudity or beautiful wimens freerider 35 83,311 10-05-2009 06:20 PM
Last Post: Carn
  The Cape Town Take Over Thread - Your thoughts Liqui-Moly 12 26,296 07-05-2009 07:28 AM
Last Post: Liqui-Moly