Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.6 Average
Megs Forum
07-07-2008, 08:27 AM
Megs Forum
Just paid a visit to the Meguiars Forum. Bit of a graveyard, it is "choep stil" (apologies for slaying the taal, not sure what's the correct spelling).

Guess all the regulars are here at Waxon. Are there not enough detailers in the country to support more than one detailing Forum? That being said, an independent detailing forum will most likely see more activity than a proprietary Forum. Look at the number of posts on the Meguiars Forum UK compared to Detailing World (UK). Chalk and cheese.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2008, 09:01 AM
RE: Megs Forum
haha, looks like the only person who visited the Megs forum and posted was AUTODISASTAR to tell us all how white cars fade when kept covered in a basement.

freerider AKA don

07-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Well that last post broke the Megs forum. Shame they cant seem to get over the hosting issues.
08-07-2008, 12:29 AM
I think it's a bit sad as the Meguiars products are fundamentally good. I visit the site often to see whats happening and I also visit MOL regularly.

I think it's a pity that the pricing is so out of line, there have been severe stock shortages and Meguiars never got the classes off the ground.
09-07-2008, 05:36 PM
WOW, the Megs forum has really ground to a halt! were we the only ones keeping it alive? I notice there is a rouge post now and then but generally from a new user thats just signed on.

freerider AKA don

09-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Starvekos Wrote:
calypso Wrote:What you guys think? Better, Worse, Dont care?

Not the end of the world, but I did prefer the previous colour scheme. The beige doesn't do it for me.

springbok Wrote:I think it's a bit sad as the Meguiars products are fundamentally good. I visit the site often to see whats happening and I also visit MOL regularly.

I think it's a pity that the pricing is so out of line, there have been severe stock shortages and Meguiars never got the classes off the ground.

Yeah its a pity because Megs is supposed to be a good quality product at a good price.
To make a very bad analogy - We were getting raped, the sex was good, but we were still getting raped.
That being said there are a few products that I will still probably keep buying from Megs.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  More about the forum Sankekur 2 23,361 22-11-2011 09:01 AM
Last Post: andrewbuch
  Banned from forum?f Edlover 2 10,230 24-06-2011 11:59 PM
Last Post: Edlover
  Megs QD to the rescue! (not exactly Detailing related) Audioholic 2 8,655 03-05-2011 11:15 AM
Last Post: Audioholic