Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 3.08 Average
So what you guys been up to this weekend?
11-01-2009, 10:11 PM
So what you guys been up to this weekend?
Ive been busting my ass this weekend to too how Jetseal will look on my car. My pc has also been kaputted so thats why i have been quiet.
Have not really taken any pics due to cronic battery shortage, but there are a few crummy cell phone ones to keep you going.

Anyways much of the ordinary, though i decided to take the mouldings off to give a good clean under there. Also a chance to dress them nicely.
[Image: IMG00250.jpg]
A little APC and a microfiber and it was pretty good again.
[Image: IMG00251.jpg]
Taped up for some machining.
[Image: IMG00252.jpg]
Strike though to wake up up in the morning. Cant really see it in this pic but i went a little too far trying to get these scratch out. PTG Group buy anyone?
[Image: IMG00253.jpg]
At least on a more positive not i got to try out the new Vertua Bond everyones been talking about.

[Image: IMG00254.jpg]
Works well on me, not so great on the car. See strikethough above.
Also something interesting to note when i tool off all my trim i broke about 2 clips, no big deal they cheap and easy to replace. The other thing was there werw another 8 clips cracked or broken just sitting in there, probably old age or crappy bodyshops, but im glad i found them.
[Image: IMG00256.jpg]
Good clips on left, bad ones on right.
[Image: IMG00255.jpg]
Trim waiting to be cleaned, all kinds of miff on the undersides of these.

Anyways I've had people in all weekend so i have not finished, the car is in the garage polished up and given in IPA wipedown and waiting for the jetseal, will do it tomorrow after work.

Stay tuned.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2009, 10:36 PM
RE: So what you guys been up to this weekend?
Eish dude, sorry to hear about the strike through....how did you manage that ? A little too vigourous with the waterpaper surely, I doubt the Flex would do that alone !

Regarding the PTG's, if you wanting one the Paint Detective is a good budget option unless you wanting to drop upwards of R7500 on a pukka Positest one. We have made some enquirys into them already and should have some more info available shortly Wink

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-01-2009, 10:40 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2009 10:48 PM by freerider.)
I would be way too scared to take my trim off, worried that it wouldnt sit right when it went back on.

anyway, both cars for this weekend cancelled, so I had time to clean up a set of wheels I bought off gumtree Bluebiggrin

[Image: SNC00115_resize.jpg]

freerider AKA don

11-01-2009, 10:59 PM
I'd be too nervous taking trims off too! Although did take the foglight assembly off to give it a good clean! Also tried the Sonax xtreme rim cleaner for the first time before heading off to try and get them sold! Worked like a charm, very impressive!!! (pix to follow in the morning). Now rollin on those 18s I posted last week!!!
The wheel wells got a cleaning with Adams APC and long handle soft brush, followed by my best buy so far the Adams invisible undercarriage spray!
And lastly some Smartwax rimwax to holdback the the brakedust and keep that 'like new' shine!

[Image: Waxonwaxoff2.jpg]
11-01-2009, 11:05 PM
It was about 10 passes with the 2000 grit, paint must have been pretty thin there. And the fucking scrach is still there too. Then again i have been working on that scratch since i got the car. So its seen about 100 hits of Megs Scratch X, and a good few hits with the Flex. But the sandind did it, I had nice glittery water afterwards.
Thats PTG is too expensive, i wanna get the cheapy harbour freight but its out of stock. If that doesnt work ill have to get some Somali pirates to get one for me.

BTW that green LCC pad you sold me, where did you get it from. Because its completely different to the green one i got. Might explain why sites muddle them up on the abrasion scale.
11-01-2009, 11:12 PM
(11-01-2009 10:59 PM)onyx Wrote:  I'd be too nervous taking trims off too! Although did take the foglight assembly off to give it a good clean! Also tried the Sonax xtreme rim cleaner for the first time before heading off to try and get them sold! Worked like a charm, very impressive!!! (pix to follow in the morning). Now rollin on those 18s I posted last week!!!
The wheel wells got a cleaning with Adams APC and long handle soft brush, followed by my best buy so far the Adams invisible undercarriage spray!
And lastly some Smartwax rimwax to holdback the the brakedust and keep that 'like new' shine!

Awesome stuff! I cant wait to see pics of those wheels on the car!

freerider AKA don

11-01-2009, 11:21 PM
well couldn't wipe that stupid grin off my face LOL and couldn't help turning around to admire them everytime I stepped away from my ride...
The Sonax rim cleaner did an awesome job and definatly helped in getting those wheels sold!

11-01-2009, 11:24 PM
(11-01-2009 11:21 PM)onyx Wrote:  well couldn't wipe that stupid grin off my face LOL and couldn't help turning around to admire them everytime I stepped away from my ride...
The Sonax rim cleaner did an awesome job and definatly helped in getting those wheels sold!

I need to go pick up my 5lt sonax extreme rim cleaner still. I just need to get nose plugs for when i use it Throwup

freerider AKA don

11-01-2009, 11:26 PM
There is only one green LC CCS pad but LC makes a few green pads for various vendors...if that makes sense Bluebiggrin

The green one you have has more bite than the white pad but not quite as much as the orange (although our experience with them says otherwise). Also rumoured but I have been unable to verify it, is that the green LC CCS pad was specifically developed by LC for use with SIP Iono

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

11-01-2009, 11:29 PM
(11-01-2009 11:26 PM)Carn Wrote:  There is only one green LC CCS pad but LC makes a few green pads for various vendors...if that makes sense Bluebiggrin

The green one you have has more bite than the white pad but not quite as much as the orange (although our experience with them says otherwise). Also rumoured but I have been unable to verify it, is that the green LC CCS pad was specifically developed by LC for use with SIP Iono

Very interesting.... must look into that

freerider AKA don

11-01-2009, 11:34 PM
I'm Slowly learning... Reading as much as I can but also 'stealing' from u guys!
I'll get there...

12-01-2009, 07:25 AM
(11-01-2009 11:34 PM)onyx Wrote:  I'm Slowly learning... Reading as much as I can but also 'stealing' from u guys!
I'll get there...

Thats the whole idea of the forum Bluebiggrin we can now learn from "others" mistakes Icon9

freerider AKA don

12-01-2009, 07:59 AM
Yeah mistakes is what I do best. Broke the fekkin OXO wheel face brush too.
12-01-2009, 09:04 AM
little too much of that "virtua bond #69" Rofl

freerider AKA don

13-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Im not really accident prone but wtf!
[Image: IMG00257.jpg]
[Image: IMG00258.jpg]

[Image: IMG00259.jpg]

This year is not starting well, can we please go back to 2008
13-01-2009, 06:51 PM
wow, check the flake in the paint in the first picture

freerider AKA don

13-01-2009, 10:09 PM
Must be a fluke picture, because that X5 is normally dirty as poo.
14-01-2009, 08:02 PM
I forgot to add earlier, i really like the Jetseal 109, wet on really easy and wiped off nicely too. Looks very slick on the paint and leaves a great finish. I can see why they recomment 2 coats, because on a silver car its nearly impossible to see where you have laid the stuff when you doing a thin coat. The second coat i dont think added much, though my car is silver. And the coat of P21S also didnt add much more, though my car is silver so really hard to tell. I also have not taken my car out the garage in about a week so no outside pics. Its all nice and clean inside so i wanna keep it that way as long as i can.
[Image: IMG00268.jpg]
[Image: IMG00271.jpg]
18-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Sorry that I've been quiet, PC been deaded after virus attack and now I've been testing Windows 7.
Anyone do anything exciting this weekend? For me it was Infra's new Hyundia Tib, I'm sure he will post some pics later. Was an interesting detail with time and food barriers.

BTW Windows 7 is great.
18-01-2009, 08:06 PM
Wow...I've been away from the forum for FAR too long!! Battling to try catch up with all the reading.

This weekend was spent doing my usual part time hobbie/job - working with a mate who runs an online performance parts store and workshop (part time). Mostly Nissan based.

Here the cars we currently working on:

M3
[Image: 39342205oq8.jpg]

S14-SpongeBob
[Image: spongebobee2.jpg]

S14-Amiel
[Image: amielqf6.jpg]

S2
[Image: 12393458ea2.jpg]

So....that's what I've been up to the last couple weeks. Bluebiggrin

Matteo - 2005 Polo 1.9TDi Sportline - Sooty
[Image: forumsignature.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  WEEKEND CLEANUP PrevanP 8 19,669 15-12-2010 05:52 PM
Last Post: Carn
  Weekend Spring cleaning activities Woodie 8 22,015 14-12-2010 12:01 PM
Last Post: Woodie
  20 Cars ,7 Days Extremely Contaminated.Detailed by Chemical Guys & Smartwax S.A Naush 12 32,831 26-11-2010 10:47 PM
Last Post: PAP AND FLIES