Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3 Average
Mobile-Image : Lady in Red
16-12-2008, 09:07 PM
Mobile-Image : Lady in Red
All righty then, long time no post for us in Show & Shine but that should change shortly. Things been a little crazy of late and I am finally on leave so I can get around to everything thats been put off for a while Bluebiggrin

This lady was in for an extreme makeover, our 1st paying customer for our full house detail in actual fact, and man did she make us work. Not many before pics on this one again (it's becoming a habit I know Uhoh2 ) as we wanted to get cracking and it had some serious issues at the front end.

The usual routine, wash, clay, wash, dry, tape, etc but with the added effort of pulling the wheels off to properly clean them along with the arches, calipers, etc.

Wheels off to expose the arches.....some APC and 303 should sort these all out
[Image: resized_DSC00917.jpg]

Rims off, the fronts weren't to bad but had some baked on residue from when they fitted the tyres. The barrels of the wheels were a mess however, baked on brake dust, tar, sticker residue from where the balancing weights were Hammerhead
[Image: resized_DSC00919.jpg]

That's better. A combo of Sonax Extreme Wheel Cleaner, Poor-Boys clay, Sonax Tar Remover and some hard manual labour and they were almost good as new
[Image: resized_DSC00921.jpg]

Arches cleaned up nicely and treated to some 303
[Image: resized_DSC00920.jpg]

Calipers cleaned up and sealed with Smartwax Rimwax....Terrific stuff for wheels and calipers actually.
[Image: resized_DSC00926.jpg]

Even after all the cleaning, claying, etc the Rimwax still made a significant improvement to the looks of the wheels, seen here back on the car
[Image: resized_DSC00923.jpg]

With the wheels out of the way we turned our attention to the interior. We decided to finish up all the odds and ends in order to spend the following day concentrating on getting the paintwork back in order.

Some after pics of the finished interior. Overall not bad at all and no major issues so this went smoothly. Everything was treated with 303, a terrific product if I do say so myself Bluebiggrin

[Image: resized_DSC00953.jpg]
[Image: resized_DSC00951.jpg]
[Image: resized_DSC00952.jpg]
[Image: resized_DSC00956.jpg]
[Image: resized_DSC00949.jpg]
[Image: resized_DSC01028.jpg]
[Image: resized_DSC01029.jpg]

With the interior out of the way we proceded to tape up the car in preperation for the paintwork correction the following day.
[Image: resized_DSC00959.jpg]
[Image: resized_DSC00960.jpg]

Some of the defects in the sunlight
[Image: resized_DSC00941.jpg]
[Image: resized_DSC00930.jpg]
[Image: resized_DSC00947.jpg]

The front end appeared to have been resprayed at some point and whoever did it clearly hasn't got a clue about painting. The surface was full of tiny 'dents' and was horribly cloudy and full of serious scratches/haziness. We found most of it difficult to photograph during the day but managed to snap these under the flourescents later in the evening.
[Image: resized_DSC00934.jpg]
[Image: resized_DSC00935.jpg]

Roll on Sunday and we were ready to tackle the front end. We decided to start on the front end as it was the worst and eventually managed to get it looking acceptable after numerous passes with Meg's Ultra Cut, SIP and 106FA on various LC CCS pads. The rest of the car was polished with SIP and 106FA on orange, white and green LC pads. No pics of the correction stage I'm affraid but overall we managed to get the front end looking proper again and the rest of the paint 95% free from swirls/RIDS.

Some afters from Sunday evening and Monday morning before the client arrived to fetch his baby Bluebiggrin

Bonnet looking alive again
[Image: resized_DSC00983.jpg]
[Image: resized_DSC00988.jpg]
[Image: resized_DSC01021.jpg]

Lovely finish on the red from the Poorboys EX Sealant we applied.
[Image: resized_DSC01020.jpg]
[Image: resized_DSC01019.jpg]
[Image: resized_DSC01023.jpg]
[Image: resized_DSC01035.jpg]
[Image: resized_DSC01036.jpg]
[Image: resized_DSC01032.jpg]
[Image: resized_DSC00996.jpg]
[Image: resized_DSC01014.jpg]
[Image: resized_DSC01012.jpg]
[Image: resized_DSC01013.jpg]

And finally some random reflection shots and finished pics of the wheels
[Image: resized_DSC01015.jpg]
[Image: resized_DSC00997.jpg]
[Image: resized_DSC00985.jpg]
[Image: resized_DSC00987.jpg]
[Image: resized_DSC01030.jpg]
[Image: resized_DSC00992.jpg]
[Image: resized_DSC01004.jpg]
[Image: resized_DSC01037.jpg]
[Image: resized_DSC01038.jpg]

Tailpipes all shined up
[Image: resized_DSC01039.jpg]

And engine dressed ready to go
[Image: resized_DSC01044.jpg]

Overall a fantastic car to work on and we were both really impressed with the results. Thanks for looking Wink

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2008, 09:36 PM
RE: Mobile-Image : Lady in Red
Great work, car looks good. PoorBoys EX sealant, im not familier with that, a new suprise product?
Find all posts by this user
16-12-2008, 09:38 PM
One of the surprise goodies JL sent us some time ago. If my memory serves me correctly this is the 1st time we have actually used it Wink

Poor Boys EX Sealant with Carnauba

www.mobileimage.co.za

17-12-2008, 02:46 AM
Excellent work by two phenomenal detailers. You guys have this Audi just dripping wet. Love how well you polished this one out and the Poorboys Sealant just topped it off.

[Image: JLsDetailingavatar-7-3.jpg]
http://www.jlsdetailing.com
17-12-2008, 08:09 AM
Good work. wheel arches looks real good
17-12-2008, 08:57 AM
Man if that was my car.... I would have had to shed a few tears of joy when I collected it Wink

Great work as usual guys!

freerider AKA don

17-12-2008, 11:14 AM
Great to see team Mobile-Image posting in Show and Shine again.

Another excellent job lads, superb correction especially on the hood. Must agree with JL, red is looking dripping wet. Poor-Boys' Megesh best watch his back, you guys did a top job on the mags.

I was hoping that the Sonax Tar Remover would not get much attention from detailers and gets heavily discounted by Sonax to push volumes. This is my favourite tar remover, you spray on affected areas and tar just dissolves. Its like watching rinse water sheet after spraying with a quick detailer. The only snag is that its aerosol based so it has limited number of applications.

Can't wait for the next "Click and Brag" from the two of you
18-12-2008, 12:17 AM
Thanks guys, there's another lady in red we busy with at the moment...Pics will be up soon Wink

@ Siya you can buy the Sonax Tar remover in a regular bottle (non aerosol). Next time we hook up I will give you some if you want, we had a 5ltr bottle full Bluebiggrin

www.mobileimage.co.za

23-12-2008, 08:39 AM
Well done Mobile-Image on a fantastic turn around - she looks fantastic! It's was saddening to see the paintwork in its prior condition, but thanks to you two, she came out cleaner than the showroom! Bluebiggrin

Matteo - 2005 Polo 1.9TDi Sportline - Sooty
[Image: forumsignature.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mobile-Image : Ingolstadt's finest... Carn 22 170,354 03-08-2011 01:11 PM
Last Post: Carn
  Mobile Image : 25 hours with a Z4 ///M Carn 21 64,393 22-03-2011 06:14 PM
Last Post: Carn
  Mobile Image : On the front cover... Carn 15 45,087 13-03-2011 06:01 PM
Last Post: Torres1