Thread Rating:
  • 10 Votes - 2.3 Average
JLs Detailing: Bilt Hamber Auto Balm
22-11-2008, 11:45 PM
JLs Detailing: Bilt Hamber Auto Balm
Hey guys I did another detail and used the BH Auto Balm again. This is one of my regulars and it was time to do the winter full detail for him. He takes very good care of the truck since I did it the first time and I'm the only one he will let touch it or his other 2 vehicles. Anyway didn't need to do a full show and shine so I thought just some exterior before and after shots to show you what BH Auto Balm can do.

Now after getting some more advice from Ben @ Rubbish Boys on the application this went much easier than the last time. Word to the wise this is really a wipe on wipe off product. After applying to about a 2x2 section or half a panel I would wait no longer than 10 seconds and wipe it off. My application went much better this time too as I used a lot less product and put it on thin over the entire truck. I love how when you buff it off it just melts into the paint and there is absolutely NO RESIDUE or dust left behind. Only thing left behind is a deep rich shine. It has a little different look than most sealants and has more of a nuba look to me. I really like this product and glad Ben carries it.

Again the smell is straight up chemical so don't open it expecting a lot of fruity smells. Smell really doesn't affect me much so it a non issue with me but I wanted to mention it. I did a full detail on this truck 6 months ago and I did my DG 501/DG 601/DG 105 combo on it. You can see some of the beading that was still left after 6 months which I was quite impressed with.

[Image: 16.jpg]

I'm going to be anxious to see the durability of BH Auto Balm compared to the DG combo. I did my usual full detail and used the usual suspects for products. I did continue to use my favorite clay the Bilt Hamber (used the soft for this one). If you want to know anything specific that I used just ask and I'll post it up, otherwise here are the before and after pics:

[Image: 1.jpg]
[Image: 2.jpg]
[Image: 3.jpg]
[Image: 4.jpg]
[Image: 5.jpg]
[Image: 6.jpg]
[Image: 7.jpg]
[Image: 8.jpg]
[Image: 9.jpg]
[Image: 10.jpg]
[Image: 11.jpg]
[Image: 12.jpg]

Some random and reflection pics: (and some pretty impressive reflections too!)

[Image: 13.jpg]
[Image: 14.jpg]
[Image: 15.jpg]

I am really falling in love with this product much like I do every product that Ben carries and tells me to try out!

[Image: JLsDetailingavatar-7-3.jpg]
http://www.jlsdetailing.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2008, 05:51 PM
RE: JLs Detailing: Bilt Hamber Auto Balm
(22-11-2008 11:45 PM)JLs Detailing Wrote:  [Image: 2.jpg]

This pics the winner, red and chrome Drool

(22-11-2008 11:45 PM)JLs Detailing Wrote:  I am really falling in love with this product much like I do every product that Ben carries and tells me to try out!

Maybe it's time Ben get's his butt over here so he can 'promote' some of his fantastic goodies Icon9

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

23-11-2008, 07:10 PM
Damn! Bluebiggrin The BH Auto Balm left this truck looking great! Bluebiggrin

Yea Carn - Red & Chrome is HAWT!

Matteo - 2005 Polo 1.9TDi Sportline - Sooty
[Image: forumsignature.jpg]
24-11-2008, 09:01 AM
Glossy finish on red JL, sounds like this LSP is a winner especially considering the quick and easy application method.

I love viewing detailing threads of American trucks, there is enough chrome and vinyl on this truck to cover two European passenger cars.
Find all posts by this user
24-11-2008, 08:36 PM
(23-11-2008 05:51 PM)Carn Wrote:  This pics the winner, red and chrome Drool

Maybe it's time Ben get's his butt over here so he can 'promote' some of his fantastic goodies Icon9

Yes the red and chrome when clean like that are jaw dropping. By the way I used the BH Auto Balm on the chrome too and you can see how it performed!!! Oh and I agree that we really need to get Ben over here as he has great products and is very knowledgeable as well.

(23-11-2008 07:10 PM)MeTsU Wrote:  Damn! Bluebiggrin The BH Auto Balm left this truck looking great! Bluebiggrin

Yea Carn - Red & Chrome is HAWT!

Thanks I think I've found a new "go to" sealant. One other thing I forgot to mention is that it does have some very good hiding/filling abilities. There was a scratch on the tailgate that literally disappeared before my eyes when I buffed off the Auto Balm. I was amazed. This product will be very useful for a lot of my clients have daily drivers that they are not in need of absolute perfect paint through proper correction, and they would never keep the paint that way. I'll tell them that I can make it "appear" perfect but it won't last and they will only want it to last until they bring it to me again!

(24-11-2008 09:01 AM)Starvekos Wrote:  Glossy finish on red JL, sounds like this LSP is a winner especially considering the quick and easy application method.

I love viewing detailing threads of American trucks, there is enough chrome and vinyl on this truck to cover two European passenger cars.

Thanks Starvekos! If you like this truck wait til you see the next one I post. Its a Chevrolet 3500 Dually! More like a land yacht!

[Image: JLsDetailingavatar-7-3.jpg]
http://www.jlsdetailing.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Andrewbuch's E46 318i - Detailing thread andrewbuch 17 48,039 13-12-2011 02:07 PM
Last Post: andrewbuch
  Some lazy/rushed detailing Razortjie 4 13,239 29-08-2011 07:11 AM
Last Post: Carn
  Detailing a Tank (Land Rover D3 content) PaulVW 23 65,603 07-03-2011 05:38 PM
Last Post: PaulVW