Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.67 Average
I-phone LOL
14-11-2008, 10:04 AM
I-phone LOL
http://www.popularmechanics.com/technolo...91585.html

I love the way these guys write their articles!

Glenn Derene - Popular Mechanics Wrote:The irony was inescapable—only when I had completely destroyed the iPhone could I fix it.

freerider AKA don

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2008, 10:26 AM
RE: I-phone LOL
RoflRofl

[Image: sig1.jpg]
14-11-2008, 02:15 PM
Overpriced POS IMHO...Think the Apple boys are taking the piss really, it's available in the US for something like $200 but here they want R7k or something...Bunch of dildo's Hammerhead

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-11-2008, 02:34 PM
bladdy vodacom... i really want one... i know it doesnt do everything, but I have a blackberry, a sonyericcson, an HTC... mostly through my work environment... but the Iphone would really be cool if the price was reasonable...
14-11-2008, 02:41 PM
The new HTC phones is so much better than the Iphone, special the Touch HD. And the HTC phones is multi-touch capable but for some reason htc does not use that capability.
14-11-2008, 02:43 PM
I am ready for upgrade on teh 24th of this month, and am seriously considering the Omnia.

Anyone using one... have any thoughts

freerider AKA don

14-11-2008, 02:45 PM
I know someone that has one. Will ask him
14-11-2008, 03:30 PM
we've sold lots of omnias and not 1 cumback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my uncle in cpt has a 1week old omnia 4sale...R5.5k...he prefers the i-phone

the i-phone,omnia and htc touch diamond has crappy battery life but then again wot do u expect..

14-11-2008, 03:38 PM
My current phone battles to make it through an entire day without expering due to lack of juice!

freerider AKA don

14-11-2008, 04:00 PM
They say the touch pro is much better on battery life. It has a 1350mAh battery where the diamond has 900mAh.
My friend is getting 3-4 day on his Omnia
14-11-2008, 04:41 PM
Have you looked at the X1 Xperia don ?

Personally thats the one that I have been waiting for. Got the K810i now .. and the fone is freaking rock solid! Hence my biased towards SE! I still think the iPhone is a nice piece of kit, good interface an good build quality.

I'm due for an upgrade already ... but I'll wait till about Feb next year in the hopes that the deals might get sweeter on both these phones ...
14-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Icon9 Last time I got a SE (think it was a W940i 1 with the 4Gig Mem), I was so disappointed that I clean swapped it for a Nokia N70.

freerider AKA don

14-11-2008, 06:34 PM
The X1 is made by HTC and not SE. Its just branded that way. And it looks like it will only be here in Feb.
i900 is nice though you do have to revert back to the stylus at times to navigate the WM menus.
14-11-2008, 06:43 PM
I'm so worried I make the WRONG decision

freerider AKA don

14-11-2008, 06:58 PM
I know the feeling.
My contract ended 2 months ago, but I'm waiting for all the phone I'm interested in to come out. Then I'm going to find shops that has a real one that I can handle and see how it feels. I have learned the hard way the a good phone on paper is specifically a good phone. Phones I'm interested are:
HTC Touch HD
HTC Touch Pro
SE X1
Samsung I900
HTC Touch diamond
14-11-2008, 07:48 PM
The touch Diamond shouldn't be in that list, its kak.
Oh, and if i was you i would visit your nearest friendly cellphone shop and ask them what the November price is for the Touch Pro. You will get a fright.
iPhone is a perfect example of a phone that is bad on paper and awesome in real life.
14-11-2008, 10:38 PM
I know the Touch Pro is around R8-9k, but I still want it. But I'm willing to give it a bit time for the price to come down. The Diamond started also around that price and one can get a diamond for under R7k if you shop around.
15-11-2008, 12:36 PM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2008 12:42 PM by Woodie.)
(14-11-2008 02:15 PM)Carn Wrote:  Overpriced POS IMHO...Think the Apple boys are taking the piss really, it's available in the US for something like $200 but here they want R7k or something...Bunch of dildo's Hammerhead

True Carn - but that is $200 subject to a 24 month contract with AT&T, not an outright purchase. Based on the current exchange rate, Vodacom pay-in portion on a 24 month contract is in line with the US pricing. The R7K price is the outright cash purchase price - and the phone is not network locked as in most other countries.

P.S. I have to defend Vodacom now and then - they pay me the salary that funds my detailing purchases Bluebiggrin
(14-11-2008 06:43 PM)freerider Wrote:  I'm so worried I make the WRONG decision

Unfortunately with cell phone technology, any decision you make will be the wrong decision. As soon as you decide on a phone, you will discover that a competitor's model does something better, or a new phone is released that suits your needs better. Sometimes I'm tempted to get a R250 entry level phone and carry my laptop around with me Bluebiggrin.
(14-11-2008 06:58 PM)whattingh Wrote:  I know the feeling.
My contract ended 2 months ago, but I'm waiting for all the phone I'm interested in to come out. Then I'm going to find shops that has a real one that I can handle and see how it feels. I have learned the hard way the a good phone on paper is specifically a good phone. Phones I'm interested are:
HTC Touch HD
HTC Touch Pro
SE X1
Samsung I900
HTC Touch diamond

You need to split that list according to whether you want a keyboard or not:

Touch HD, Touch Diamond and i900 are touch screen only

Touch Pro and SE X1 have full qwerty keyboards
15-11-2008, 01:24 PM
(14-11-2008 10:38 PM)whattingh Wrote:  I know the Touch Pro is around R8-9k, but I still want it. But I'm willing to give it a bit time for the price to come down. The Diamond started also around that price and one can get a diamond for under R7k if you shop around.

Its just a little over 10 now. Was 7k last month though.
17-11-2008, 09:10 AM
(14-11-2008 07:48 PM)calypso Wrote:  The touch Diamond shouldn't be in that list, its kak.
Oh, and if i was you i would visit your nearest friendly cellphone shop and ask them what the November price is for the Touch Pro. You will get a fright.
iPhone is a perfect example of a phone that is bad on paper and awesome in real life.
i agree..my uncle bought an iphone a week after he got the omnia..its alot fasta and very responsiv.also the omnia tends to hang a bit wher as the iphone works smooooothly...only thing that scares me is that the iphone CANNOT be repaired....if its a manufacture fault they replace,if u break...u replaceRofl

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  shoppers drug mart canada phone number 0 1,024 Today 12:49 PM
Last Post:
  canada pharmacy phone number 0 993 Today 12:49 PM
Last Post:
  canada medicine shop phone number 0 980 Today 12:49 PM
Last Post: