Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3 Average
Newbie Alert
13-10-2008, 12:56 PM
RE: Newbie Alert
Welcome to the forum. By the looks of the pics you have been doing some good work already.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2008, 09:27 AM
Thank you Bluebiggrin

[Image: 64-1.jpg]

** Still thinking of something intelligent to say... **

:icon9:
18-10-2008, 08:38 AM
Welcome to the forum. Like your pics. You are obviously a photograhic enthusiast, nice angles.

PMSL at the Spotty Dog comments. For you "out of towners" it is an absolute institution in Cape Town. Many years ago it was a roadhouse. One of those places where you went late at night for a burger and milkshake and the waitresses had on rollerskates and they served you in your car with a little tray that clipped on the side window (I kid you not). Anyway it was called the Spotty Dog as there was a huge painted concrete dog on the side of the road. It was an epic landmark and if you ever wanted to give people directions in the Retreat area you would start off with: "Drive past the spotty dog towards Lakeside......etc" Well the roadhouse died years ago and there is a Penny Pinchers Hardware store there now and the owner rebuilt the Spotty Dog to replace the old one and there it stands to this day.

As for the "detailing business" close by: I went in there one day as I needed them to steam clean some nasty oil marks off the rear carpet (which I couldnt shift with any product in my arsenal) and I had a good look around. It's quite clean and professional but really it is just another glorified car wash. The "staff" all look pretty ordinary, if you get my meaning.

I could see the owner checking me out a bit skief from his office and eventually he came out and asked me if I worked for Meguiars and then I realised I was wearing my famous Meguiars Windbreaker Rofl

I don't think they would know what a swirl is.......and not care either.
20-10-2008, 08:57 AM
lol

Thanks for explaining the spotty dog. Passed it this morning and now I at least know what it was for...

I love photography and my dad just got me a new camera. So im well chuffed at the moment. I might be getting some zymol wax/glaze too which would be amazing Bluebiggrin

Mike

[Image: 64-1.jpg]

** Still thinking of something intelligent to say... **

:icon9:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Newbie Phatt 7 32,634 12-05-2011 07:19 PM
Last Post: PrevanP
  Newbie Hello Smoothly 10 40,088 10-05-2011 10:28 PM
Last Post: onyx