Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 2.38 Average
About Us...
10-09-2008, 08:45 AM
About Us...
Just a quick post with a little background info about us...

Mobile Image is Myself and Rustbuckets detailing business that was started roughly 2 years back. The business came about as a result of a radio ad for a Sonax franchise type thing which we investigated and wound up getting started with. The main focus of the franchise was initially paint protection and window tinting for new car dealers but that was eventually binned in favour of the enthusiast market. Along the way we had some fun detailing days for the various car clubs as well as a bikini car wash Str8pimp

From my side I think the detailing bug bit when I was in my late teens and first started to drive. My wife (girlfriend at the time) would often complain I spent all afternoon and most of the evening outside tinkering with my cars which included an Opel Monza, 2 Golf CTI's, a Polo TDI Sportline and lastly the Mk V GTI. I think the bug truly bit around the time I ordered the GTI, up until then it had mainly been Mirror Plate polish and the colour Turtle waxes! That all changed when I found some detailing forums and I began to learn about clay, waxes, polishes, glazes, ect.....And the rest as they say, is history Bluebiggrin

Our website is up and running (just need to complete the gallery) so feel free to pop in and take a look around, the url is http://www.mobile-image.co.za

We are authorized agents for Sonax, Auto Glym and recently the Flex range of buffers. If anyone has questions particularly on the Sonax range of products as well as the Flex machines then shoot away Wink

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2008, 09:04 AM
RE: About Us...
Guys, well done on an awesome informative site and I wish you all the best going forward.

freerider AKA don

Find all posts by this user
10-09-2008, 09:13 AM
Well done David & Grant.

The website is clean and professional - just like your details.

Not sure if it's my browser (Chrome) but clicking on any of the product logos just takes me back to the Products page. Is this something still under development?

For the rest Clap. The gallery is going to be a huge plus for you guys once you've uploaded the photos.
10-09-2008, 09:18 AM
Nice site Carn , best of luck to ya self and Rustbucket, i am sure it will be great success your work speeks for it's self. good one guys.
10-09-2008, 09:28 AM
+1

All the best guys, I'm sure you will make a success of it !!
10-09-2008, 09:38 AM
Thanks guys Thumbsup2

Woodie it's not 100% finished yet, I still need to add the product pages with a little background info on each hence the dead links Wink

www.mobileimage.co.za

10-09-2008, 10:49 AM
Congratulations on formally getting the business up and running. Wishing you all the best. We have been waiting for this ever since you put a teaser on your signature here on Waxon.

Woodie captured my thoughts on the website, it holds its own against other European and American detailing sites.

I see that you will be distributing Wax-It magazine, have you received any copies yet? Would love to page through to see the content.

Once again, welldone Dave and Grant.
10-09-2008, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the compliments Siya, we still need to sort out a proper logo and a few odds and sods but we'll get there Thumbsup2

Regarding the Wax-It mag, nothing yet but we should have the shipping details this week still. Simon over in the UK has had some delays with printing, etc so it will hopefully be on it's way to us soon. I didn't post anything about it specifically yet because we awaiting confirmed shipping charges, etc Wink

As soon as I have more info I will make it available to all and sundry. I am also quite keen to see what the content, etc will be like Wink

www.mobileimage.co.za

10-09-2008, 11:43 AM
Well not much I can add to what Carn has said. I must say he did a smashing job on the web site. (I have the technical abilities of a stoned ant)ThinkingIcon9

Quite funny how it all worked out. I too loved to detail cars when I was young. My first wax and polish was from "Blue Corral". Endorsed by the Rolls club none the less..

But I really got out of it and then met Carn. He got me back into the swing of things. Later, Carn got out of it and I got him back into it. The rest is polish residue.Str8pimp

Looking forward to always learning and hopefully getting our clients cars better and better. And of course posting up our details on Waxon.Clap
10-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Congrats, well done and all the best! Here's to a prosperous future! Bluebiggrin One day, when I grow up, I want to be like Freerider, Carn, Rustbucket & the likes... Bluebiggrin

Matteo - 2005 Polo 1.9TDi Sportline - Sooty
[Image: forumsignature.jpg]
10-09-2008, 06:50 PM
Best of luck china's