Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 2.67 Average
Werstat Carnauba Kit
10-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Werstat Carnauba Kit
I got a chance to try out the Werkstat Carnauba Kit this morning.

[Image: CarnaubaKit.jpg]

These products are rather deceptive, there are runny similar to a milky Quik Detalier Mist and Wipe spray. I was very sceptical of the performance of a spray on wax.

Washed the car with Meguiars Shampoo Plus using a microfiber wash mitt. Dried with a Water Magnet and my last few drops of Meguiars Last Touch as a drying aid.

Glass cleaned with NXT Glass Cleaner
Tyres dressed with Endurance Tire Gel
Trim dressed with Hyper Dressing (neat)

Paint cleaned with the Carnauba Prime on a yellow applicator pad. Prime was left to haze for 30 minutes while I was dressing vinyl and tyres. Then I spritzed with Carnauba Jett one panel at a time. Spread with one microfiber cloth and buffed to a shine with a second cloth.

Finished off with Carnauba Glos to remove any Jett residue. This product was rather sticky for a quick detailer, I got caught out when I applied it to multiple panels. It was really tough to remove. The surface was cool that being said the temperature was rather warm for a winter afternoon (low 20 degrees Celsius). I need research the optimal application for the Glos.

Other users recommend building up a couple of layers of Carnauba Jett in order to improve results. I hope I can be disciplined enough not to layer it with other waxes and sealants.

[Image: JW1.jpg]

[Image: JW2.jpg]

[Image: Jw3.jpg]

[Image: JW5.jpg]

[Image: JW6.jpg]

[Image: JW7.jpg]

[Image: JW8.jpg]

[Image: JW9.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2008, 09:04 PM
RE: Werstat Carnauba Kit
Your car always looks shiny in the pics. Does it look any different in the flesh?
10-08-2008, 09:40 PM
calypso Wrote:Your car always looks shiny in the pics. Does it look any differnent in the flesh?

Thanks for the comment, my view on the car will be biased. However, I can add that the red looks a bit deeper than previous glaze/wax applications.

Maybe guys who went to the Meguiars Detailing Day can send you a PM to give you candid feedback on my car (pink and full of oxidation :icon9Bluebiggrin
11-08-2008, 07:29 AM
Having seen your car in the flesh on Saturday, I can attest that it is pretty (no, make that absolutely) immaculate. I suspect that it is like that all the time.

I think that the question here Siya is: "What do you think, compared to the other products you use?"
11-08-2008, 08:04 AM
Looks good Siya Wink

+1 Springbok, will be interesting to hear your opinion on the product Siya.

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-08-2008, 12:20 PM
Yep, that red of yours truly looks great.

So, Jett vs Megs wax????
11-08-2008, 08:42 PM
I think this applies to most of us here. Whenever you buy new detailing products, you pray that they are worth the money/effort i.e they produce superior results to all existing products in ones kit. So, there is an inclination to talk up a new product so that you can get a warm fuzzy feeling and temporarily forget about money invested.

This happens all the time, a couple of us rushed out to buy NXT Tech Wax 2.0 before it hit the shelves. Honestly, I can't swear on my two tins of M16 Professional Paste Wax Rofl that NXT Tech Wax 2.0 is 2x better than a bottle of M26 Hi Tech Yellow wax (half the price).

Ok, I can see a couple of you going Blah get on with it. For a change I will stick my head on the line and say that Werkstat Carnauba Jett is the best LSP I've tried on the Golf. It's not a conventional product so you constantly second guess yourself while applying it (its in a liquid state and you spritz it like a quik detailer).

The red is a lot deeper than any previous wax application. Maybe I am wrong, here a pics from previous LSP applications.

Werkstat Carnauba Jett

[Image: Jw3.jpg]

Deep Crystal stage 3: Carnauba Wax.
[Image: 7-1.jpg]

NXT Tech Wax 2.0
[Image: NXT7.jpg]

M26 Hi Tech Yellow wax topped with M21 Synthetic Sealant
[Image: Forum4.jpg]

M26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax

[Image: HiTechYellowWaxIV.jpg]

M16 Professional Paste Wax topped with M26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax

[Image: Detailed24Nov7.jpg]

Ultimate Quik Detailer
[Image: QD2.jpg]

I think this was M21 Synthetic Sealant
[Image: 15Apr5.jpg]
11-08-2008, 10:04 PM
TBH I can't really tell the difference.
11-08-2008, 11:01 PM
Yea Springbok I agree, slight nuances in the finish that could be due to multiple reasons (exposure, lighting, light source position, the list goes on) but nothing much in it (to my eyes and in these pics anyways). Pretty much reinforces what I have seen alot of people saying lately (and been seeing 1st hand), the surface prep is where the biggest differences are to be seen, the LSP simply gives you slight variances in gloss, etc

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user