Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
Advice required: takkies for the Golf
06-08-2008, 05:35 PM
RE: Advice required: takkies for the Golf
Siya I managed to get a huge bolt through one of my Bridgestones last year...........

[Image: GTI-008.jpg]

At the time despite the tires being relatively new I didn't want to change only 1 of them and sit with 1 new and 1 old tire. Considering the price of a set of replacement Bridgestones (+-R7600) I decided to rather get something cheaper. I wound up buying Hankook's Ventus Sport K104's, they were also a Y rated tire (important for insurance purposes that you stick to the same speed rating on the tires) and offered a very good level of performance at an affordable price. I used them at one of the VW club's go-kart track events and they performed pretty well IMHO without sliding or anything funny going on Bluebiggrin

As far as road noise was concerned they were pretty much on par with the Bridgestones with no noticeable increase or decrease in noise from the cabin.

I picked up both fitted for just over R2000 at the time from Tire Man in Boksburg......bargain in my books Wink

Hankook's seem like a little bit of a 'fong kong' brand but they are very popular overseas and do well in various forms of motorsport. Shaun Mooloo (Rabbit 222 on the VW bb) had the Toyo Proxes on his GTI and he wasn't impressed with them at all and wound up swapping them for Yoki's. The Michelin Sports are awesome tires but they are a softer, grippier compound (good for grip but bad for mileage). Conti's are good mileage wise as far as I know but don't shine up as nicely as the Bridgestone's (always a consideration for a detailer) Rofl

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advice required: takkies for the Golf - Carn - 06-08-2008 05:35 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  ADVICE NEEDED PrevanP 2 8,462 04-03-2011 02:10 PM
Last Post: TOGWT
  VW - Golf 6 - GTi Trio Rich 11 29,810 22-10-2010 08:27 AM
Last Post: Jughead
  Frozen Gray M3 Owners required to sign paint care agreement before delivery kripstoe 12 30,552 22-09-2010 01:32 PM
Last Post: kripstoe