Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
ADVICE NEEDED
03-03-2011, 08:58 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2011 08:59 PM by PrevanP.)
ADVICE NEEDED
Hi Guys,

This afternoon as I was driving out of the parking lot at work, I noticed our IT guys car (black Hyundai Atos) had some strange stuff / splashes on it. As he was also getting into his car, I stopped and chatted to him about it. Some twat splashed silver paint on his car from the front section of the roof, windscreen, bonnet, right hand side fender, front bumper and headlights. He doesn't know how it happened but told me he found the car that way (away from work) and suspects a bit of vandalism. To me it looks like the car was "paint bombed" from a height.

I told him about my detailing hobby and offered to help him try and get the car sorted.Using my finger nail, I rubbed it against a spot on the headlight and it came off without much fuss. I was thinking of claying the car to try and take the paint splashes off. Would this work? What other recommendations do you guys have? Sorry, I forgot to take pics but will do so tomorrow.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2011, 09:04 PM
RE: ADVICE NEEDED
Yeah, i would say a fine to medium grade clay would work as long as the blobs of paint aren't too big but rather wait for the experts.

[Image: 3orql10xyr5983zr0vrx.jpg]
04-03-2011, 02:10 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2011 02:14 PM by TOGWT.)
RE: ADVICE NEEDED
Removing Paint Overspray

For extensive paint overspray removal - dampen but do not soak a terry cloth towel with lacquer thinner (do not use mineral spirits or turpentine) and then apply lacquer thinner to the paint overspray.

Wipe the paint overspray from the vehicle using a terry cloth and then dry the surface using clean dry 100% cotton towels. Do not leave lacquer thinner on the car's finish for longer than necessary as this may damage the clear coat. Use with caution on re-painted vehicles

Paint overspray ‘spots’ – use detailer’s clay

~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~-
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Togwt/141827572547893 -

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Help needed - Interior detailing katotter 6 16,002 21-04-2011 11:49 AM
Last Post: zckid
  Your prayers are needed Carn 48 89,431 08-06-2009 06:21 PM
Last Post: freerider
  Advice required: takkies for the Golf Starvekos 33 68,843 09-12-2008 08:58 AM
Last Post: crazygolfer