Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3 Average
Introduction to Dents N All Paarden Eiland
11-02-2011, 09:30 AM
RE: Introduction to Dents N All Paarden Eiland
(10-02-2011 05:30 PM)PaulVW Wrote:  One thing is certain - joining this industry is scary! Yesterday we saw a car driving up and down the street taking "spy pics" of the inside of the shopIono Obviously not someone who knew about this thread Rofl and I hear stories of tow truck drivers getting "taken out" for delivering cars to the wrong panel shop Uhoh2

But I trust we will be successfull by doing things different and above board and by being honest with the customer.

I've had to deal with "reputable" shops in the past in CT, and all I can say is that I wasn't impressed. "Skelm" comes to mind.
If your work matches the appearance of your shop I'd definitely make use of it and recommend it. Good luck, it's just a matter of getting the word out there.

[Image: sig3.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2011, 11:02 AM
(10-02-2011 05:30 PM)PaulVW Wrote:  
(09-02-2011 09:59 AM)Lambchop Wrote:  I think most of us suffer from OCD mate, Thats why we are here Bluebiggrin
Word of mouth is king, do some awesome work and you will see the masses flooding in Thumb

But without a shadow of a doubt you will make sure the customer is beyond happy with the result !!!!

Yes I fully agree about the OCD. Rofl

I am going to try to break that stigma that panel beaters to "patch jobs" for a quick buck but it will be very difficult. It also depends on what the customer needs - the 2nd hand car dealerships want a quick, cheap fix and if I detail their cars for free I will go out of business pretty quick. However, I can see when the owner is a car enthusiast and if he takes good care of his car and then we will go the extra mile.Thumb

One thing is certain - joining this industry is scary! Yesterday we saw a car driving up and down the street taking "spy pics" of the inside of the shopIono Obviously not someone who knew about this thread Rofl and I hear stories of tow truck drivers getting "taken out" for delivering cars to the wrong panel shop Uhoh2

But I trust we will be successfull by doing things different and above board and by being honest with the customer.

Beginning of Jan my S3 went for minor repair work and the guy at the shop could see i didnt mess about with regards to looking after my car and he respected my wishes when i said " Dont you dare wash my car or Polish it " Bluebiggrin

[Image: Crop.jpg]
11-02-2011, 04:57 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2011 05:02 PM by PaulVW.)
(11-02-2011 09:30 AM)kripstoe Wrote:  I've had to deal with "reputable" shops in the past in CT, and all I can say is that I wasn't impressed. "Skelm" comes to mind.
If your work matches the appearance of your shop I'd definitely make use of it and recommend it. Good luck, it's just a matter of getting the word out there.

Thanks for the support kripstoeThumb

Lambchop Wrote:Beginning of Jan my S3 went for minor repair work and the guy at the shop could see i didnt mess about with regards to looking after my car and he respected my wishes when i said " Dont you dare wash my car or Polish it " Bluebiggrin

Bluebiggrin I had a true car enthusiast here yesterday for a quote and when I asked him if he would like the complementary (panel beater's) "buff and polish" he said no thanks - he uses Megiuars to clean his car. Respecting his decision, I told him a bit about my detailing and I reduced his quote accordingly Bluebiggrin
14-02-2011, 03:57 PM
(11-02-2011 04:57 PM)PaulVW Wrote:  he said no thanks - he uses Megiuars to clean his car.

LOL! To be fair, I was one of the folks who thought that Meg's was just the "be-all-and-end-all" of car cleaning products, until I wandered into certain detailing forums and had that notion soundly rattled
Clap