Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Ultimate Polish & Ultimate Wax - a mini review
24-01-2011, 08:20 AM
Ultimate Polish & Ultimate Wax - a mini review
Once I had unpacked my new stash of goodies, I braved the inclement weather yesterday to put some of them through their paces.

I decided to try out the Ultimate Polish and Ultimate Wax. First the two products themselves:

Ultimate Polish

A standard 16oz (473ml) bottle in the now familiar black and chrome Ultimate branding.

[Image: 0fd9adb3.jpg]

Ultimate Paste Wax

At the time of ordering, the liquid version of the Ultimate Wax was not yet available, so I decided to get the paste version in the meantime. I will get the liquid version as soon as it is available. The wax comes in a mini kit containing a metal tub with screw off lid, a foam applicator and a black Supreme Shine microfibre cloth. The lid of the can also serves as a storage space for the foam applicator, which means you can keep it together with the can and always primed and ready for action.

[Image: 1ebdbeac.jpg]

[Image: 187d3589.jpg]

[Image: 918c2fe1.jpg]

In action

The Ultimate Polish is very similar in appearance and consistency to its cousin from the professional range - M205. The product is easy to apply and has a long working time. The polishing oils are very apparent and the product works down to a light, slightly oily residue which is easily wiped away with a microfibre towel. It leaves a clear, glossy finish that cries out for a nice LSP to seal in the depth and clarity.

[Image: 0ae5810d.jpg]

[Image: f23536e8.jpg]

[Image: c46f5d29.jpg]

[Image: db97aa6c.jpg]

The Ultimate Paste Wax doesn't have an amazing scent that one expects from the Meguiars range, and instead smells just, well.......waxy. Although in solid form, it is fairly soft and a quick twirl of the applicator pad in the tin picked up enough wax to cover half of the bonnet and the whole fender. It goes on very easy, and after I had let it haze for +-10 minutes is wiped off just as easy, leaving a clear, deep and wet finish. With the inclement weather, there was no bright, direct sunlight around to judge the final finish in full, harsh lighting.

The one criticism I have of the kit is that the included microfibre towel is not up to the standard of the original Supreme Shine microfibre towels.

[Image: b9262738.jpg]

[Image: 07705e81.jpg]

[Image: 334b32d2.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Ultimate Polish & Ultimate Wax - a mini review - Woodie - 24-01-2011 08:20 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My Mazda meets Ultimate Wax in liquid form Woodie 8 26,822 21-02-2011 12:01 PM
Last Post: onyx