Thread Rating:
  • 10 Votes - 2.9 Average
Mobile-Image : Ingolstadt's finest...
30-09-2010, 06:33 PM
RE: Mobile-Image : Ingolstadt's finest...
Thanks gents, appreciate the comments Thumb

(30-09-2010 07:19 AM)Rayner Wrote:  Any comments on your experience with the Powerlock compared to your tried and tested werkstad?

(30-09-2010 09:16 AM)Vincent Wrote:  ...and how do you rate the PowerLock against the Werkstat?

In terms of application it is faster because the Powerlock is a single step product (ie no need for a base layer and subsequent topping with another product). Removal is easy as can be and the residue really came off with almost no effort at all.

The surface feels slicker than with the Werkstat and is silky smooth....I love it!

Visually they are both similar and offer crisp, sharp refelctions. The Powerlock does seem to have a slightly 'wetter' look, whereas the Werkstat seems more crisp and reflective...It's difficult to say for certain without seeing both side by side in the same conditions, but those are my immediate impressions based on this initial application Thumb

(30-09-2010 07:37 AM)Woodie Wrote:  Fantastic work on a fantastic car Dave. The white looks really glossy and wet - combination of professional surface prep and a good sealant.

Besides the magic trick of dissolved iron particles turning purple with the application of IronX, was there any visible or tactile difference in the surface after applying this product?

I glad you got some decent after shots outdoors, because the lighting in the basement wasn't doing the after pics any justice.

Sean nothing I could 'see' or 'feel' with my bare hands. Perhaps running my fingers over the surface wrapped in cellophane may have yielded some tangible differences, but nothing I could distinctly notice after the application.

With the car being white I suspect that this additional step would help to alleviate the inevitable rust spots that typically appear as evidence of embedded iron particles.

Outdoor shots are always nice. The lighting in the underground wash bay is pretty poor indeed!

(30-09-2010 12:26 PM)Delta Wrote:  Great work Dave,Clap thanks for sharing.
would the paint be ceramiclear?

I can't say for sure as I have no way of telling what specific paint was used, but judging by the hardness and products required to correct the paint I would hazzard a guess and say yes.

TOGWT posted an interesting piece a few weeks back highlighting the differences in hardness, etc. I will see if I can dig it out and post it here for you Thumb

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mobile-Image : Ingolstadt's finest... - Carn - 30-09-2010 06:33 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mobile Image : 25 hours with a Z4 ///M Carn 21 64,872 22-03-2011 06:14 PM
Last Post: Carn
  Mobile Image : On the front cover... Carn 15 45,468 13-03-2011 06:01 PM