Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 1.67 Average
Menzerna SIP Magic - Vincent
05-08-2010, 08:56 AM
Menzerna SIP Magic - Vincent
I did this Opel Corsa yesterday and got some very nifty Before and after pics of the work as it went along. Knowing I had a RS4 waiting for me i couldnt linger and take after pics of the completed job. Lets just say the car was totally transformed. These Before and Afters should tell a story.

All these pics are purely an after shot straight after Menzerna SIP and using an Orange Lake Country CSS Pad on the Makita Rotary. Using the Zenith polishing technique.

[Image: P8040020.jpg]
[Image: P8040022.jpg]

[Image: P8040034.jpg]
[Image: P8040037.jpg]

[Image: P8040039.jpg]
[Image: P8040040.jpg]

[Image: P8040033.jpg]

[Image: P8040035.jpg]
[Image: P8040036.jpg]

This last pic is a pic in direct sunlight of the Bonnet.
See the 1st pic to understand just how bad this bonnet was before.
And this is the after...
[Image: P8040057.jpg]

Cheers,
Vincent
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2010, 05:59 PM
RE: Menzerna SIP Magic - Vincent
Another terrific turnaround bud. SIP is a great polish indeed and very versatile. I have used it with wool as well as on soft foam pads and it has 'almost' always delivered the goods!

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-08-2010, 10:23 AM
You guys are pushing my harder and harder towards getting my DA. If only saving would go as fast as spending...

Great work Vincent.
28-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Can this polish be applied by hand?

[Image: 2nv6zx0.jpg]
28-01-2011, 10:30 PM
Excellent work vincent
29-01-2011, 08:43 AM
(28-01-2011 08:49 PM)LENNY1-WP Wrote:  Can this polish be applied by hand?

You can use SIP by hand but for optimal results you will need to work it properly via a machine polisher Thumb

www.mobileimage.co.za

29-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Awesome results!

Menz FTW

[Image: Waxonwaxoff2.jpg]
30-01-2011, 10:31 PM
(29-01-2011 08:43 AM)Carn Wrote:  
(28-01-2011 08:49 PM)LENNY1-WP Wrote:  Can this polish be applied by hand?

You can use SIP by hand but for optimal results you will need to work it properly via a machine polisher Thumb

Mmmm I suppose I can get hold of a polisher. Reason I ask is because I'm about to do my first detail and I have quite a bit of swirl marks and what looks like cobwebs to me. From what I can see and researched it looks like Menzerna SIP is the best product to remove the swirls.

As a complete newbie, is it advisable to go the Menz route?

31-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Hey Lenny1-Wp,
Yeah Menz is prob a market leader in Polishing Compounds. Def a top notch product to use. But as Carn mentioned to get the best possible results from the product you would need a machine.
if you were to do this by had you are going to be spending long hours and getting many cramps in your arms and back. But if you have the patience and persistence you could get some pretty decent results.

Good luck.

[Image: UltimateShine-Banner-2.jpg]
Vincent West
Cell : 078 457 2137
http://www.ultimateshine.co.za
31-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Lenny have you considered using something like Autoglym's SRP (Super Resin Polish) instead of a dedicated polish?

The Menz is pretty much fool proof to use, but in most cases hand polishing yields limited results. Something like SRP will give the paintwork a nice clean, while masking some of the finer defects. If you top the SRP with Autoglym's EGP (Extra Gloss Protection), you should see some decent durability from your efforts if cared for correctly Thumb

PS: If you'd like I can send you a small sample of SIP to play with by post. Drop me a pm with your postal details and particulars and I will get some off to you as soon as I can Thumb

www.mobileimage.co.za

31-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the tips Dave and VincentThumb

I'm gonna give the SIP a go. Carn, check PM.

On Saturday I purchased the Meguiars Ultimate Wax thingy. Now I don't know much
about detailing, but can this be used as a LSP? I tried some of it on a small part of my car and it looks quite awesome..

31-01-2011, 02:57 PM
(31-01-2011 02:31 PM)LENNY1-WP Wrote:  Thanks for the tips Dave and VincentThumb

about detailing, but can this be used as a LSP? I tried some of it on a small part of my car and it looks quite awesome..

Wax is generally your Last Step Product - so the answer is yes...
Did you try it without a polishing step?

The reason i ask, is if you clay, polish and then wax you will be even more impressed!

01-02-2011, 02:57 AM
(31-01-2011 02:57 PM)onyx Wrote:  
(31-01-2011 02:31 PM)LENNY1-WP Wrote:  Thanks for the tips Dave and VincentThumb

Wax is generally your Last Step Product - so the answer is yes...
Did you try it without a polishing step?

The reason i ask, is if you clay, polish and then wax you will be even more impressed!

Yes, I tried it without a polishing step. It looked quite awesome though - gave it a nice glossy finish.

Quite impressiveThumb

01-02-2011, 07:22 AM
(31-01-2011 02:31 PM)LENNY1-WP Wrote:  On Saturday I purchased the Meguiars Ultimate Wax thingy. Now I don't know much about detailing, but can this be used as a LSP? I tried some of it on a small part of my car and it looks quite awesome..

Are you referring to Ultimate Quik Wax? If so, it is not really meant to be used as a standalone LSP. Although it will provide a level of protection, it is meant to be a booster product that you use over your LSP on a regular basis. As I mentioned, it does provide a certain level of protection, but it does not replace a dedicated LSP.
02-02-2011, 12:51 AM
(01-02-2011 07:22 AM)Woodie Wrote:  
(31-01-2011 02:31 PM)LENNY1-WP Wrote:  On Saturday I purchased the Meguiars Ultimate Wax thingy. Now I don't know much about detailing, but can this be used as a LSP? I tried some of it on a small part of my car and it looks quite awesome..

Are you referring to Ultimate Quik Wax? If so, it is not really meant to be used as a standalone LSP. Although it will provide a level of protection, it is meant to be a booster product that you use over your LSP on a regular basis. As I mentioned, it does provide a certain level of protection, but it does not replace a dedicated LSP.

I see I see. Yes, It is the Quick Wax (spray-on). It defintely leaves a nice shine on the car so atleast its not a waste.

I will do more research on which LSP to use. Thus far I have the Meguiars clay bar, Megs Gold class and NXT car shampoo, Megs Gold Class Polish, Blade APC, Megs MF cloth, Meguiars Endurance High Gloss Tyre Gel, Megs Ultimate Wax, Megs Trim Detailer (love this product). I am patiently awaiting the sample of Menz SIP from Carn then I'll get started. I actually can't wait!!!

So what's the procedure guys? Wash, clay, wash again, polish and then wax? Please forgive the newbie questions Hammerhead

02-02-2011, 10:21 AM
Correct on the procedure!

Have you tried Megs Cleaner Wax as yet? (Part of the 3-step megs line-up)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mobile-Image: Black Magic GTI 5 Carn 16 39,536 03-09-2010 10:57 PM
Last Post: LENNY1-WP
  VW Polo - White - done by Vincent Vincent 8 20,762 17-08-2010 10:56 AM
Last Post: kripstoe
  Other weekend snippets - Vincent Vincent 8 21,374 16-08-2010 08:37 PM
Last Post: calypso