Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
Remini Red LR Freelander - Take 2
28-07-2010, 10:13 AM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2010 10:16 AM by PaulVW.)
RE: Remini Red LR Freelander - Take 2
(28-07-2010 09:36 AM)Vincent Wrote:  Great work there PaulVW... Car looks really good again.
Hope the wife gave you a good back rub after magically fixing that scratch.
How long did this all take?

Thanks for the comments Vincent! Yes man, my wife is spoiling me big time after all that work! (I am now busy with my GTI and she even brings me beer in the garageBluebiggrin)

This job took about 3 weeks, but I only worked on it on 2 weekends and a few week days after work as I had a rather nasty flu during the same period. I would say about 15 to 20 hours full time.

(28-07-2010 09:36 AM)Vincent Wrote:  I also hope you have decided to take up Kitesurfing since you have moved to Cape Town!
You need any assistance on that I will be glad to help.
Where abouts in CT are you?

Yes man, I am very keen on Kitesurfing. I stayed at my inlaws in Langebaan for a while but the travelling time was hectic. I was thinking of going on a Kiteboarding course in Langebaan initially, as I was thinking it should be easier to start on the lagoon rather than the sea?

I am currently staying (renting) in Atlantic Beach (close to Mekbos/Blouberg) and I work in Woodstock, but we are still looking for a house to buy. Property prices are way higher here than in JHB.

Thanks for the offer man! I don't know much about the sea etc. so I will be keen to learn.

From which area are you and where do you do the kitesurfing? I will be keen to come and spectate" some time!

Cheers,
Paul
(28-07-2010 09:58 AM)kripstoe Wrote:  That's alot of car to clean. Looks good. Scenario B is NEVER possible. Bluebiggrin

Thanks kripstoe! Yes, its a big piece of metal. I am now busy with my GTI and it is a walk in the park after this one. I don't even need a ladder to do the roof! Bluebiggrin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Remini Red LR Freelander - Take 2 - PaulVW - 28-07-2010, 07:56 AM
RE: Remini Red LR Freelander - Take 2 - PaulVW - 28-07-2010 10:13 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Freelander II - correction and RaceGlaze 55 test TheWusman 29 67,145 18-11-2009 05:42 PM
Last Post: Carn