Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.86 Average
Meguiars Detailing Day
24-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Meguiars Detailing Day
For the Johannesburg based detailers (and any other detailers in the area on the day)

Meguiars will be hosting a detailing day/class focussed on machine polishing (DA & rotary) on 9 August 2008. There are only 12 spaces available, so it is important to book. Further details available here:

http://onlineforum.meguiars.co.za/index....readID=840
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-07-2008, 02:11 PM
RE: Meguiars Detailing Day
Damn you guys in JHB! always get the best of everything! Hammerhead

freerider AKA don

24-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the heads up Woodie Wink

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Thanks for getting it off the ground Sean.

Are you going to haul the caravan to the detailing day? Don't think you have a trailer for the G220, DeWalt, Makita, Shield...Icon_jaw
24-07-2008, 05:10 PM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2008 05:11 PM by Woodie.)
Starvekos Wrote:Thanks for getting it off the ground Sean.

Are you going to haul the caravan to the detailing day? Don't think you have a trailer for the G220, DeWalt, Makita, Shield...Icon_jaw

Ha Ha Ha Hammerhead

With some careful packing I'll manage to get the G220, DeWalt, Makita, M80, M83, M85, M105 and a couple of pads into the back of the Astra. If all goes according to plan, I'll also have a new item that even the Meguiars folk haven't yet had the pleasure of using.

I think I'll leave the Shield for another day - maybe when our CT friend organises a detailing class.
24-07-2008, 05:29 PM
Woodie6250 Wrote:
Starvekos Wrote:Thanks for getting it off the ground Sean.

I'll also have a new item that even the Meguiars folk haven't yet had the pleasure of using.

Elaborate, squire.

Pads or product or accessory?
24-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Bleh you out of towners. I still want wetsand class.
24-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Starvekos Wrote:Elaborate, squire.

OK - you've twisted my rubber arm. A friend of mine is currently in the US and has agreed to bring back a package for me. I was originally going to get the Megs pads from ADS - the 6 pack special that I've been on about for a while. When I went to place the order, the website had been updated to reflect that they had the new Meg 2.0 pads in stock, so I placed an order for a 6 pack of the new pads. I would have loved to have ordered more, but my buddy had limited capacity for extra luggage.

Bottom line is that the order has been processed and according to UPS tracking is due for delivery in Washinton today Clap. If all goes according to plan, I'll receive the pads on 5th or 6th Aug - just in time for the Detailing Day.

As a matter of interest, I order a mixed 6 pack - 3 x polishing, 2 x cutting and 1 x finishing. Best of all - the order including UPS delivery from Arizona to Washinton - cost me a total of R561Excited
24-07-2008, 06:47 PM
calypso Wrote:Bleh you out of towners. I still want wetsand class.

Try Cape Town - with their recent weather I believe they have plenty of wetsand Rofl.

Seriously - that is one of my first questions regarding future advanced classes. I'd also like to try wetsanding on someone else's test panels before using it in the field.
24-07-2008, 06:59 PM
mehehe so you think you're a funny man huh ??? Hammerhead take that Bluebiggrin

freerider AKA don

24-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Woodie6250 Wrote:
Starvekos Wrote:Elaborate, squire.

As a matter of interest, I order a mixed 6 pack - 3 x polishing, 2 x cutting and 1 x finishing. Best of all - the order including UPS delivery from Arizona to Washinton - cost me a total of R561Excited

The economics of local pricing is just not making sense. How can an independent distributor manage to supply you with 6 pads for R561 while you would be lucky if you squeeze in 2 pads for that price at Meguiars?

Not sure how the ADS business model operates but surely they can't be so competitive that they can out price a Meguiars agent.
24-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Iono

All I know is that they have the pads individually priced at $13.95 and the 6 pack goes for $59.95 (a rebate of $23.75, which is not to be sneezed at). At the current exchange rate this equates to +- R107 per pad or +- R460 per 6 pack.

The 'old' pads are selling at $8.95 for the 6.5" amd $9.95 for the 8" individually or $49.95 and $54.95 respectively for the 6 pack deals.

The Meguiars US online store sells the 'old' pads for $12.75 (6.5") and $13.89 (8"), so the ADS prices are really good

The service is also excellent. I had some issues around the US delivery address and e-mailed ADS. I got a response from the owner of ADS within a couple of hours (most of which were down to time difference) sorting everything out and the order was dispatched the same day Clap.
24-07-2008, 08:36 PM
That pricing makes me sick. There must be someone we can buy from there in the US.
25-07-2008, 08:31 AM
freerider Wrote:Damn you guys in JHB! always get the best of everything! Hammerhead

We just getting you back for that scenery of yours. Oh, and the girls in bikini's.Str8pimp
25-07-2008, 08:46 AM
rustbucket Wrote:We just getting you back for that scenery of yours. Oh, and the girls in bikini's.Str8pimp

+1 on the scenery, not sure about ladies in bikini's unless you talking about Clifton or *gasp* SANDY BAY Clap

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  @ the Meguiars Class Oct 2010 onyx 4 28,248 04-05-2011 07:13 PM
Last Post: SilverSabre
  CAPE TOWN Detailing Day... meguiarver 42 112,725 15-07-2010 11:33 AM
Last Post: Jughead
Big Grin Waxon's 1st Official Detailing Day... Carn 24 59,132 04-11-2009 09:50 PM
Last Post: Kido