Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.4 Average
Wheel Wax Extreme Black Tire Dressing...
14-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Wheel Wax Extreme Black Tire Dressing...
As some of you may have seen, I have been trialing a new tire dressing....And this is it:

[Image: eb.jpg]

"Wheel Wax Extreme Black Tire Dressing is a water-based tire gel that provides a lasting, sleek, black finish on rubber. Wheel Wax Extreme Black does not sling or stain like lesser quality dressings. Make your tires look better than new with Extreme Black.

Wheel Wax Extreme Black Tire Dressing is tested and proven to enhance and protect tires with a non-greasy, like-new finish. The tire dressing is water-based, not silicone-based, which gives tires a dark, rich finish. Tires look like new without an artificial gloss or sticky film. This is the car show look – the subtle elegance of deep, dark tires.

As an added benefit, Wheel Wax Extreme Black Tire Dressing protects the rubber from UV degradation and conditions the rubber for lasting flexibility.

Wheel Wax Extreme Black Tire Dressing can also be used on vinyl and plastic. The water-based, non-staining formula deepens the color and conditions these surfaces to maintain a like-new appearance. Extreme Black is safe on all plastic and rubber automotive parts.

Extreme Black’s water-based formula is non-toxic and biodegradable. It will not stain clothes and it will not sling off on fenders!

Trust Wheel Wax to bring your tires the ultimate tire dressing – Wheel Wax Extreme Black.
"

So far I am really liking this product. The finish is not as shiny as Meg's Endurance Gel for example, but it is easier to apply, leaves a great looking finish (IMO) and is dry to the touch after application ensuring there is no splatter! Durability appears to be quite good thus far with tires retaining good levels of 'blackness' for 2 to 3 weeks after application Thumb

Some pics of it in use...

[Image: IMG_9585.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9743.jpg]

I don't want to speak on behalf of other people, but thus far the feedback has been positive! I will let the respective 'test pilots' add their comments as they see fit Thumb

I have a small consignment of Extreme Black Tire Gel on it's way. Pricing is estimated at R135 for a 16oz (476ml) bottle for those who are interested Bluebiggrin

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2010, 09:07 AM
RE: Wheel Wax Extreme Black Tire Dressing...
Can you please add 1 bottle for me Carn? This will be part of my order for end of this month.
Find all posts by this user
15-06-2010, 05:08 PM
Looking forward to getting updates on this product (how long does the look last in dry and wet conditions). I see in the blurb its mentioned that the product can be applied on trim. I am bit cautious when it comes to applying water based dressing on rubber and trim on panels. When the dressing is exposed to wet conditions, it runs and leaves streak marks on painted panels.
17-06-2010, 07:18 AM
Dave gave me a sample to try out a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, I do not have any photos available, my comments as follows:

1. A little goes a long way - 1 or 2 pea sized drops per tyre.
  2. Easy application - not greasy or oily, which means your hands stay clean.
  3. Clean, matt finish - natural looking, clean black finish. No excess residue which negates the problem of product sling.
  4. Durable - I had concerns about the durability of a water based product, but more than two weeks after application my cars tyres still look clean and black despite having washed the car since the original application of the product.

The pricing as announced by Dave is also very reasonable as the 476ml bottle will last you a very long time.
17-06-2010, 08:03 AM
(17-06-2010 07:18 AM)Woodie Wrote:  Dave gave me a sample to try out a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, I do not have any photos available, my comments as follows:

1. A little goes a long way - 1 or 2 pea sized drops per tyre.
  2. Easy application - not greasy or oily, which means your hands stay clean.
  3. Clean, matt finish - natural looking, clean black finish. No excess residue which negates the problem of product sling.
  4. Durable - I had concerns about the durability of a water based product, but more than two weeks after application my cars tyres still look clean and black despite having washed the car since the original application of the product.

The pricing as announced by Dave is also very reasonable as the 476ml bottle will last you a very long time.

How do you apply this Carn?
17-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Can you please add 1 bottle to my existing order Dave, if you have left that is????

Thanks, looks great.
17-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the feedback Woodie Thumb

@ Torres1, I have a foam 'puck' style applicator pad that works really well. I will take some pics of it next time I use it. It has a built in handle which makes applying tire dressing a no mess, no fuss process!

@ Wells, I have some coming in shortly. Will keep a bottle aside for you Thumb

www.mobileimage.co.za

18-06-2010, 08:33 AM
(17-06-2010 06:20 PM)Carn Wrote:  Thanks for the feedback Woodie Thumb

@ Torres1, I have a foam 'puck' style applicator pad that works really well. I will take some pics of it next time I use it. It has a built in handle which makes applying tire dressing a no mess, no fuss process!

@ Wells, I have some coming in shortly. Will keep a bottle aside for you Thumb

Do you have an extra one of these applicators lying around?Bluebiggrin
18-06-2010, 10:21 AM
I'll take a bottle too thanks David!

[Image: Waxonwaxoff2.jpg]
18-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Makro is stocking the Keizin Tyre and trim applicator sponge, it is like R30 and I find it works real well, it has firm yellow foam rubber at the back to grip and a nice soft grey sponge face for applying tyre polish or trim detailer, I got a few of them, for megs endurance gel, 303 etc.
18-06-2010, 02:28 PM
(18-06-2010 10:46 AM)Wells Wrote:  Makro is stocking the Keizin Tyre and trim applicator sponge, it is like R30 and I find it works real well, it has firm yellow foam rubber at the back to grip and a nice soft grey sponge face for applying tyre polish or trim detailer, I got a few of them, for megs endurance gel, 303 etc.

Thanks Wells. I am heading to Makro tomorrow morning so will have a look. Hopefully the weather will hold and I can sort my car out, its been almost 2 weeks.Plthumbsdown
21-06-2010, 02:57 PM
(18-06-2010 10:46 AM)Wells Wrote:  Makro is stocking the Keizin Tyre and trim applicator sponge, it is like R30 and I find it works real well, it has firm yellow foam rubber at the back to grip and a nice soft grey sponge face for applying tyre polish or trim detailer, I got a few of them, for megs endurance gel, 303 etc.

Got them on the weekend Wells. Thanks. Will try them out as soon as I get my tyre dressing..Weather was a bit better so at least I got to give the car a good clean. Raining today tho.Plthumbsdown
21-06-2010, 03:24 PM
Im loving this product ... its really good

[Image: Crop.jpg]
21-06-2010, 07:13 PM
(21-06-2010 03:24 PM)Lambchop Wrote:  Im loving this product ... its really good

Thanks for the in-depth review master Prepsol Thumb

Bluebiggrin

www.mobileimage.co.za

22-06-2010, 10:22 AM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2010 10:28 AM by jagged.)
Hi Carn

Whats the difference between this product and Kiwi black Shoe Polish that could be used on tyres and also seals, protects and waterproofs at R20.

NB: I currently use Rally no hands as I felt that the liquid silicon that I was purchasing at the local car wash was causing my tyres to degrade faster and also splashed on the body work.
22-06-2010, 05:37 PM
(22-06-2010 10:22 AM)jagged Wrote:  Hi Carn

Whats the difference between this product and Kiwi black Shoe Polish that could be used on tyres and also seals, protects and waterproofs at R20.

Shoe polish I would imagine is formulated to protect leather rather than rubber (I haven't seen shoe polish specifically made for rubber soles as yet Bluebiggrin )

I've never really tried non detailing products for detailing related tasks but as with anything I am guessing it may work. Personally I prefer to stick to products made for the job at hand but that's just me Icon9

www.mobileimage.co.za

14-10-2010, 11:11 PM
I've finally got some of this in stock for all those who pre-ordered, as well as any others who may be keen...

See here for more details Thumb

www.mobileimage.co.za

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Menzerna Powerlock & Eimann Wheel Woolies Carn 4 18,206 29-10-2010 07:30 AM
Last Post: Lambchop
  Wheel Wax Extreme Black now in stock! Carn 7 24,026 16-10-2010 11:49 PM
Last Post: Torres1