Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.67 Average
Brand new Sd memory card not working
18-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Brand new Sd memory card not working
I bought a Nikon 12 megapixel camera & 16gb Sd memory card from Makro today.

The error comes up with : Memory card cannot be read.

The memory card says sdhc,Should i just return the faulty one & get a normal sd card,Whats the biggest size available for a normal sd card?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2010, 07:46 AM (This post was last modified: 19-05-2010 08:09 AM by Jughead.)
RE: Brand new Sd memory card not working
Hi AMD001

I also bought the 16GB SDHC card from Makro (for my car's SD slot) - too slow for it .... so using 2GB or 4GB cards ...

It all depends on whether the Nikon model is able to use SDHC cards ... Post the model # and will try to search whether it's compatible ... (it should also state this in the manual or on the box??? Iono )

Only 12 MegaPixel Nikon Camera's on Makro I found were: Icon9

Nikon L110 Ultra Zoom Camera
Internal Memory (approx. 43MB); SD (Secure Digital) memory cards, some SDHC Memory cards approved for use.

Nikon D5000 Twin VR Kit
The D5000 uses SD/SDHC memory media

Nikon D90 Digital SLR Camera Worshippy
SD (Secure Digital) memory cards, SDHC-compliant

Good website for Digital Camera Reviews is www.dpreview.com Thumbsup2

Also, sometimes there are maximum size SD/SDHC cards specifications per camera ... Thinking
I've found that the easily available/cheaper/bigger sized SD cards are a bit slower ... so check for higher speed cards ...

Mmm ... I think somewhere in the Forum someone mentioned (me think's it's Carn) has a "connection" with Digital Camera's as well !!! Rofl Rofl

..."...The memory card says sdhc,Should i just return the faulty one & get a normal sd card,Whats the biggest size available for a normal sd card?..."...

Should i just return the faulty one & get a normal sd card?
If it's faulty/not working/Compatable ... then yes, return it.

Whats the biggest size available for a normal sd card?
according to sdcard.org max size for SD is up to 2GB

PS!!! You can never have "more than enough" SD/Memory Cards for digital camera's same as you can never have enough MF's for Auto Detailing... Bluebiggrin Bluebiggrin

Regards

AJ
19-05-2010, 08:37 AM (This post was last modified: 19-05-2010 08:42 AM by AMD001.)
(19-05-2010 07:46 AM)Jughead Wrote:  Hi AMD001

I also bought the 16GB SDHC card from Makro (for my car's SD slot) - too slow for it .... so using 2GB or 4GB cards ...

It all depends on whether the Nikon model is able to use SDHC cards ... Post the model # and will try to search whether it's compatible ... (it should also state this in the manual or on the box??? Iono )

Internal Memory (approx. 43MB); SD (Secure Digital) memory cards, some SDHC Memory cards approved for use.

Nikon D5000 Twin VR Kit

Also, sometimes there are maximum size SD/SDHC cards specifications per camera ... Thinking
I've found that the easily available/cheaper/bigger sized SD cards are a bit slower ... so check for higher speed cards ...

Mmm ... I think somewhere in the Forum someone mentioned (me think's it's Carn) has a "connection" with Digital Camera's as well !!! Rofl Rofl

..."...The memory card says sdhc,Should i just return the faulty one & get a normal sd card,Whats the biggest size available for a normal sd card?..."...

PS!!! You can never have "more than enough" SD/Memory Cards for digital camera's same as you can never have enough MF's for Auto Detailing... Bluebiggrin Bluebiggrin

Regards

AJ

Thanks AJ for the info.

I bought the coolpix L22.I read the manual & it says that it is sdhc compatible.Its a basic camera with no fancy features,So i think im gna return the faulty card & get a few normal sd cards.

I read on the net that some sdhc cards do not work in some card readers,So ill play it safe & get the normal ones.

What is a SLR camera?
(19-05-2010 08:37 AM)AMD001 Wrote:  
(19-05-2010 07:46 AM)Jughead Wrote:  Hi AMD001

Nikon D5000 Twin VR Kit

Regards

AJ

Thanks AJ for the info.

I bought the coolpix L22.I read the manual & it says that it is sdhc compatible.Its a basic camera with no fancy features,So i think im gna return the faulty card & get a few normal sd cards.

I read on the net that some sdhc cards do not work in some card readers,So ill play it safe & get the normal ones.

What is a SLR camera?

I just checked out the dpreview site,Cool site,I will go through it tonight.
19-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Hi AMD001

... Cool camera ... and 12MegaPixel .. lekker !!!

I aint a digital camera / photography expert ... so here goes ...

..."... I read on the net that some sdhc cards do not work in some card readers,So ill play it safe & get the normal ones. ..."...

Yeah, make sure you get a SDHC compatable card-reader.
They are cheap nowadays ... the multi card type ones works well as well ...

What is a SLR camera?
SLR = Single-lens reflex

D-SLR
Digital single-lens reflex

more info on than I would recommend on the internet ... Hammerhead
Bluebiggrin
19-05-2010, 07:29 PM
Can't be of any assistance with the SDHC cards I'm afraid...Sorry!

If you wanting camera's and things I have 2 or 3 guys I know who can get them. Sometimes the prices are better, sometimes worse. (and yes, it's all above board with officially imported products with full warrantee's, etc) Thumb

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-05-2010, 11:13 AM
(19-05-2010 07:29 PM)Carn Wrote:  Can't be of any assistance with the SDHC cards I'm afraid...Sorry!

If you wanting camera's and things I have 2 or 3 guys I know who can get them. Sometimes the prices are better, sometimes worse. (and yes, it's all above board with officially imported products with full warrantee's, etc) Thumb

I returned the 16gb sdhc card,I took 3x 4gb sdhc cards,tested 1 card last night and seems to be ok.

I might need another digital camera for work,Ill give you the model No next week.
20-05-2010, 06:50 PM
Sure thing Thumb

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post