Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 2.2 Average
No Wet Waterless Carwash
16-05-2010, 11:53 PM
No Wet Waterless Carwash
I have a few No wet Waterless carwash gallons for sale. Im looking for about R550 per gallon.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2010, 01:52 PM
RE: No Wet Waterless Carwash
Can you explain how this works, similar to ONR ? Am I missing a thread here, sorry if I am! With this drought, I might have to become a rinseless washer, but waterlaess, that be scary!
17-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Yeah hey ... PE detailers with water restrictions ... Think Calypso is trying out ONR as well ...

(but I guess we can all do our bit to save water) ... Thumbsup2

I'm also interested to learn about Rinseless/Waterless Washes (ONR/CG Waterless, etc) ... but from what I gather ... you will require a truck load of MF's ... Bluebiggrin
(well I think one or two clean MF per panel should suffice ??? Iono )
17-05-2010, 08:03 PM
As Siya always says, you get Rinseless and Waterless detailing products. No Wet is a waterless product where as ONR is a rinseless product...There is a difference!

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-05-2010, 08:52 AM (This post was last modified: 18-05-2010 08:53 AM by meguiarver.)
The No Wet waterless carwash is very similar to that of smart1. It contains the obvious surfactants as well as kaolin clay and carnauba wax. It leaves a very waxed look on the car.
Mist and wipe with MF to lift dirt and follow with another to buff car to a high shine.

This product is very different to the FW1 and that tomato sauce tube method with sponge.

maybe i can send CARN some to review?
18-05-2010, 10:03 AM
JA!! Water restrictions or not, I cannot get my mind around washing my car without any water, the ONR rinseless aproach does still register as a possible, good option, but to me the Smart 1, or No Wet must, IMO, mar the surface of even a lightly dusty paint surface. Any independant reviews may, or may not change my thinking in this regard. But I would love to see them none the less!
18-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Kaolin clay, so its just gonna fill the scratches it makes.

But i guess some guys will find a use for it if they need a very quick dry wash and dont mind a filled surface.
18-05-2010, 03:28 PM
apparently the surfactants absorb the dirt. I think there have been one or two reviews. Find it a good primer for pads, clay lube, even just to clean the surface before polishing of dust. Like a quick detailer
18-05-2010, 06:28 PM
I'm not a fan of either system TBH but having seen the demo at the detailing day the ONR method (Rinseless) 'feels' like the safer method if I can put it that way. Seeing Mo wiping down the dirty panel with the SmartONE made my toes curl up backwards. The results were surprising but it could have been as a result of the fillers Iono

www.mobileimage.co.za

18-05-2010, 07:12 PM
keen to sample out some carn?maybe detail a bonnet, then leave it to get dirty.
divide it 50/50, clean the one side with No Wet, the other as per normal and under halogens examine if any marring, swirling etc occurs
18-05-2010, 07:49 PM
(18-05-2010 07:12 PM)meguiarver Wrote:  keen to sample out some carn?maybe detail a bonnet, then leave it to get dirty.
divide it 50/50, clean the one side with No Wet, the other as per normal and under halogens examine if any marring, swirling etc occurs

I have the black bonnet from the detail day collecting dust outside at the moment. Send a small sample up and I will give it a bash. I need to prepare the bonnet for a fresh LSP test as well as to play with some samples so I will slot it in there Thumb

www.mobileimage.co.za

18-05-2010, 08:45 PM
(18-05-2010 07:49 PM)Carn Wrote:  
(18-05-2010 07:12 PM)meguiarver Wrote:  keen to sample out some carn?maybe detail a bonnet, then leave it to get dirty.

I have the black bonnet from the detail day collecting dust outside at the moment. Send a small sample up and I will give it a bash. I need to prepare the bonnet for a fresh LSP test as well as to play with some samples so I will slot it in there Thumb

Ok Pm me with the address details. i will send you directions of use.