Thread Rating:
  • 20 Votes - 2.85 Average
New Menzerna products now available...UPDATED!!!
12-04-2010, 09:51 PM
New Menzerna products now available...UPDATED!!!
I finally have all 4 of the Menzerna polishes I will be keeping in stock. These polishes are some of the latest in Menzerna's range and have been specifically developed with modern ceramiclear clear coats in mind...

[Image: IMG_9300.jpg]

The 4 polishes I will be carrying are as follows:

PO S100 Power Gloss

Cut 5/5
Gloss 2/5

[Image: S100.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9307.jpg]

PO S100 is the successor to the older S34 Power Gloss formulation and was released late last year. By all accounts thus far it is said to offer better lubrication with less dusting and extended play time compared to the older formula. The new formula is also designed for use on the latest ceramic paint coatings and features diminishing abrasives allowing you to achieve a better finish than what would be possible with conventional compounds.

Youtube vid of S100 in action...This guy uses way to much product IMO but you get the idea Bluebiggrin

PO 85RD3.02 (SIP) Power Finish

Cut 3.5/5
Gloss 3.0/5

[Image: MENPF1L.jpg]

PO 85RD3.02, or SIP as it is more commonly referred to, was an update to the older IP (Intensive Polish) formulation. Intended for use on the newer Ceramic based clear coats and rated for 2000 grit removal, this polish has proven to be widely popular amongst detailers the world over. Great cut levels combined with excellent finishing properties allow for 1-step paintwork correction on almost all surfaces Thumb

PO 203S Power Finish

Cut 3/5
Gloss 3.5/5

[Image: MENPF1L.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9312.jpg]

PO 203S has been designed to be used as a one step polish able to remove medium to fine defects (rated for 2000 grit as with SIP). It is suitable for ceramic based paint and also features diminishing abrasives as with the S100. According to Menzerna 203S offers almost identical cut to PO85RD 3.02 (SIP) but finishes down as well as PO 106FA! Another advantage that a few guys have reported is the ability to work this polish for a shorter time, whilst still achieving the same results in terms of cut and clarity Str8pimp

I am really looking forward to using this product as I often tend to combine SIP and FA to get good correction with a crisp clean finish Thumb

PO 85 RE5 Final Finish

Cut 2/5
Gloss 5/5

[Image: MENFF1L.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9644a.jpg]

Menzerna Final Finish PO85RE is an ultra fine finishing polish designed to leave your paint with the highest levels of clarity and gloss possible.

As with the other new products in the Menzerna line, 85 RE5 has been designed to correct defects on the latest scratch resistant paint coating systems on the market. It's super fine abrasives are perfectly suited to removing wash marring, hologramming and other fine defects that detract from the final finish.

By bringing out the ultimate levels of gloss and clarity, PO 85 RE5 will provide the finishing touch to the perfect detail.

Pricing and Introductory deals...

I had wanted to bring in enough stock to be able to run a promo on the Menz polishes, but due to the long wait in getting them at competitive prices most of the stock I have at the moment is already pre-booked Hammerhead

In any event I will honor the current prices on this and the following batch which I intend ordering in the next 2 weeks. Those of you wanting any of these polishes please let me know ASAP so I can include your order with the following batch. With polishes being both costly to ship and purchase, I don't want to have to order in drips and drabs, or end up with too many left overs Thumb

The price on all these polishes are R425 each, with the exception of SIP which is slightly more at R445 Thumb

22 September UPDATE:

Having spent some time working with all of the above mentioned products I thought I would add some of my own personal points on each of the products...

S100 - Compound

Having had great results with 3M's FCP (Fast Cut Plus), I was keen on trying Menzerna's latest compound. As a replacement to the older S34A Powergloss, the newer S100 offers improved lubricity and less dusting.

In use I have found the S100 to be quite an aggressive compound which, whilst leaving fine compounding haze in most cases, can leave some nasty marks if worked to long/dry.

The best results I have obtained with this product is to ramp up the machine speed quickly and get the polish spread out and working before dropping the speed as soon as the residue starts going clear. Once this point is reached a single pass or 2 (assuming the surface is still lubricated) is completed before stopping.

Working the polish longer than this appears to generate more compounding haze (I've put it down to the product drying out).

Overall a great compound, but it definately required further refinement to restore the clarity and gloss levels after use!

P203S - Polish

With Menzerna claiming almost identical cut levels to SIP with improved gloss, I had high hopes for this polish. In practice however I have found the P203S unable to quite match SIP's correction levels on harder paints. On softer and medium paints it seems to be quite close, but overall I would have to say that it's cut levels are not on par with those of SIP.

Gloss levels between the 2 are also neither here nor there, with the only advantage P203S showing, is that of marginally improved lubricity!

PO 85RE5 - Finishing Polish

The 85RE5 takes up the final slot in the Menzerna trio and is mainly intended for light correction work and jewelling. Cut levels are marginally lower than 106FA with lubricity and workability being almost identical.

Not much else to say about the 85RE5, it can be worked for ages and delivers a crisp, sharp finish with the highest possible gloss levels Thumb

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2010, 06:36 AM
RE: New Menzerna products now available...
Stop yakking and tell me when I can collect my stock Bluebiggrin

[Image: Crop.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
13-04-2010, 07:07 AM
(12-04-2010 09:51 PM)Carn Wrote:  [Image: IMG_9307.jpg]

So is this a polish/compound or an APC used to clean your workshop/garage?
13-04-2010, 06:09 PM
(13-04-2010 07:07 AM)Woodie6250 Wrote:  So is this a polish/compound or an APC used to clean your workshop/garage?

Menzerna's new AIO Rofl

www.mobileimage.co.za

14-04-2010, 02:53 PM
(13-04-2010 06:09 PM)Carn Wrote:  
(13-04-2010 07:07 AM)Woodie6250 Wrote:  So is this a polish/compound or an APC used to clean your workshop/garage?

Menzerna's new AIO Rofl

Any 3M pads in that new shipment Dave ? Wavey
14-04-2010, 08:56 PM
(14-04-2010 02:53 PM)TheWusman Wrote:  Any 3M pads in that new shipment Dave ? Wavey

The pads and other odds and ends shipped a week after the polish so I am hoping it comes in by next week Bluebiggrin

www.mobileimage.co.za

26-05-2010, 09:58 PM
RE: New Menzerna products now available...UPDATED!!!
1st posted updated with all the details Thumb

www.mobileimage.co.za

22-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Fresh batch just in...See the original post for an update on the inclusion of SIP Thumb

[Image: IMG00071-20100922-2005.jpg]

www.mobileimage.co.za

23-09-2010, 08:46 AM
AWESOME!!!!!!!! ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

[Image: eofeuw2ndrlkzzw51p5e.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  'Perfection' Foam Lance pre-orders *UPDATED* Carn 57 160,140 19-01-2011 11:23 AM
Last Post: BigBear
  Menzerna Powerlock & Eimann Wheel Woolies Carn 4 18,199 29-10-2010 07:30 AM
Last Post: Lambchop
  250ml Menzerna kits now available... Carn 5 21,723 17-08-2010 06:43 PM
Last Post: Carn