Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 2.8 Average
Car Covers
06-04-2010, 08:21 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2010 08:21 AM by jagged.)
Car Covers
Hi Guys

What are your views Iono on nylon car covers. I am busy slowly Bawling building my driveway to install a car port but would like to know your views on car covers as I am considering this as a short term possibility until my structure is complete, car covers also "seem" like a good idea when travelling away from home.

Regards.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2010, 09:30 AM
RE: Car Covers
You talking about those car covers from Game and/or Makro?
I reckon they'll scratch your paintwork...

Swissvax makes a neat car cover @ around R6k
Yes R6k!!! (hence i know nothing about them)

[Image: Waxonwaxoff2.jpg]
06-04-2010, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2010 10:18 AM by jagged.)
(06-04-2010 09:30 AM)onyx Wrote:  You talking about those car covers from Game and/or Makro?
I reckon they'll scratch your paintwork...

Swissvax makes a neat car cover @ around R6k
Yes R6k!!! (hence i know nothing about them)

R6k Hammerhead Question

I am referring to the covers from Game / Makro.

R6k Hammerhead Question Question Question
06-04-2010, 10:58 AM
I would only use a car cover indoors. If at all. The small amount of friction generated by any breeze outside will certainly over time scratch/damage the paint.

[Image: sig3.png]
06-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Avoid like the plague is my standard advice when asked about car covers.

I have seen what an E92 M3 looks like just weeks after sitting under an expensive car cover in the garage Hammerhead

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Yup i agree with El David

AVOID!!!!!!!!!!! Avoid this like QD on a dusty car Bluebiggrin

[Image: Crop.jpg]
07-04-2010, 09:43 AM
AVOID!!!!!!!!!!! Avoid this like QD on a dusty car Bluebiggrin

Yep ... found out the hard way ...that's how we learn ... QD ... For light dust or no dust at all ...
Was also lookin at car covers ... But scratches would be unavoidable...
07-04-2010, 11:12 AM
(07-04-2010 09:43 AM)Jughead Wrote:  AVOID!!!!!!!!!!! Avoid this like QD on a dusty car Bluebiggrin

Yep ... found out the hard way ...that's how we learn ... QD ... For light dust or no dust at all ...

Many thanks for the valuable input....I may be pushing my luck in enquiring BUT are there any other suggested "car cover/protection methods" except for fixed structure i.e. car port \ garage ? to protect car from elements.....
07-04-2010, 11:34 AM
(07-04-2010 11:12 AM)jagged Wrote:  
(07-04-2010 09:43 AM)Jughead Wrote:  AVOID!!!!!!!!!!! Avoid this like QD on a dusty car Bluebiggrin

Many thanks for the valuable input....I may be pushing my luck in enquiring BUT are there any other suggested "car cover/protection methods" except for fixed structure i.e. car port \ garage ? to protect car from elements.....

I lived in a complex for over 3 years with no shade or carports
You best protection is a windscreen sunshade , Good wax and a weekly wash

Hope that helps Bluebiggrin

[Image: Crop.jpg]
07-04-2010, 02:23 PM
(07-04-2010 12:38 PM)TOGWT Wrote:  
(07-04-2010 11:34 AM)Lambchop Wrote:  
(07-04-2010 11:12 AM)jagged Wrote:  

I lived in a complex for over 3 years with no shade or carports
You best protection is a windscreen sunshade , Good wax and a weekly wash

Hope that helps Bluebiggrin

Hi Guys, it's been awhile (busy writing articles etc)

Two-cover system:

During high winds the use of this system will avoid paint surface marring from the cover being buffered by high force winds
a) Dustop™ - 4 layer cover with maximum dust protection and its soft inner layer protects paint.

b) Weathersheild™ HD- primarily for intense sun environments and long-term storage provides optimum protection from a multi-layer breathable (heavyweight) fabric.

Car Covers - http://www.carcoverworld.com/Frames.asp?URL=covercraft_custom.asp?CID=4

Long time no hear, hope you well.
07-04-2010, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2010 04:35 PM by TOGWT.)
[ Long time no hear, hope you well.]

Thanks for asking, I'm well but super busy but decided I should not neglect Waxon forum any longer Bluebiggrin

~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~-
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Togwt/141827572547893 -
07-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Good to see you posting again Jon Thumb

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-04-2010, 07:23 AM
A cover on a sports car just looks so cool though. Worst I have seen was a guy in a week old Porsche, took his car out for a quick burn then put the cover straight on. The cheap nylon cover soon melted around the hot exhausts and became one with the paint on the rear bumper. Swirling at that stage took second place.
08-04-2010, 08:09 AM
(08-04-2010 07:23 AM)calypso Wrote:  A cover on a sports car just looks so cool though.
I agree, especially in the movies where the main character parks off his humpty old wheels goes to the garage and pulls off the car cover from his sparkling ride Drool that was in hiding for 1 hour of the 1 and a half hour movie Rofl