Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.4 Average
Competition Rules
28-01-2010, 10:36 PM
Competition Rules
Right guys and gals...Basically this competition will run every 3 months and the winner will walk away with a nice hamper of products from one of our generous forum sponsors Clap

The rules are really simple. You need to post up a full detail as you normally would, but you are limited to 1 entry per 3 month period (you may change your entry but only 1 is eligible per competition). If you win the monthly competition you are excluded from entering the following one to allow everyone a shot at winning.

Finally, unless we have 3 or more entries there won't be any winner announced and instead the competition will roll over until the following 3 months have passed.

I hope you all use this opportunity to show case and demonstrate the detailing skills and knowledge you have acquired. I look forward to seeing some quality entries in this section so best you all get cracking Thumb

Good luck to everyone Wavey

Competition cut-off dates

Comp 1 (Jan-Mar) 31 March 24h00
Comp 2 (Apr-Jun) 30 June 24h00
Comp 3 (Jul-Sep) 30 September 24h00
Comp 4 (Oct-Dec) 20 December 24h00

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2010, 07:06 AM
RE: Competition Rules
Great initiative Dave - I'm sure that I can rustle up 1 detail in a 3 month period Bluebiggrin.
Find all posts by this user
29-01-2010, 09:42 AM
Nice one!
Now i just need to find a new spot to do my detailing..... (anybody else having hassles with the 'body corporate' bitching about using too much water)

[Image: Waxonwaxoff2.jpg]
29-01-2010, 01:09 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2010 01:10 PM by Lambchop.)
(29-01-2010 09:42 AM)onyx Wrote:  Nice one!
Now i just need to find a new spot to do my detailing..... (anybody else having hassles with the 'body corporate' bitching about using too much water)

My Issue is I cant wash my car full stop
I over came that issue .. I bought a new house ...

so WOOHOOO Bluebiggrin
Dave : So Basically my December detail doesnt count ?
Its from January onwards ?

[Image: Crop.jpg]
29-01-2010, 01:38 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2010 01:41 PM by TheWusman.)
Is this going to be another rigged vote/election thing like the POTY debacle ?

I suggest we have independent monitors to ensure free and fair detailing.

Some additional rules:

1) Buying a new house just so that you can detail your car should result in automatic and immediate disqualification
2) Being shouted at by your body corporate because you are wasting water when you wash, same as (1) above.
3) More points are awarded to those who pre-wash before detailing using a rinseless wash technique
4) More points are added for good Foam lance technique during the final wash.

Bluebiggrin
29-01-2010, 02:53 PM
Perhaps I should have posted the cut-off dates for each competition...Will update the original post shortly Thumb

@ Nick, details from January onwards

@ Wusman, let's do this Africa style...Preference will be given to Mobile-Image customers based on their total spend for the 3 month period Rofl

J/K, I have some intl detailers lined up to review your entries and judge them accordingly to ensure everything is fair and unbiased Thumb

www.mobileimage.co.za

29-01-2010, 03:08 PM
(29-01-2010 02:53 PM)Carn Wrote:  Perhaps I should have posted the cut-off dates for each competition...Will update the original post shortly Thumb

@ Nick, details from January onwards

@ Wusman, let's do this Africa style...Preference will be given to Mobile-Image customers based on their total spend for the 3 month period Rofl

J/K, I have some intl detailers lined up to review your entries and judge them accordingly to ensure everything is fair and unbiased Thumb

Then me and Wuss will need to share the prize
I dread to think what Iv spend in the last 3 months !!!Bluebiggrin

[Image: Crop.jpg]
25-03-2010, 07:02 AM
So, we are 1 week away from the closing of the first Tri-Monthly Detailing Competition and there is a grand total of 1 entry.

Does this mean that Waxon is frequented by a product hoarding, Holy-Grail-of-wax chasing, fanboy-chest-thumping bunch of theorists?

Come on guys - with the exception of Dave who's busting his chops almost every weekend, what are the rest of us up to?
25-03-2010, 07:43 AM
Next long weekend I'll do some work on something new. You guys are tired of seeing my M3
25-03-2010, 01:51 PM
I still havent got a test mule to play on before i start "detailing"

[Image: go4g43it2wi6u6xpewca-1.jpg]
25-03-2010, 08:05 PM
I take that back, looks like PE has just been declared a drought disaster area.
25-03-2010, 08:57 PM
(25-03-2010 07:02 AM)Woodie6250 Wrote:  So, we are 1 week away from the closing of the first Tri-Monthly Detailing Competition and there is a grand total of 1 entry.

Does this mean that Waxon is frequented by a product hoarding, Holy-Grail-of-wax chasing, fanboy-chest-thumping bunch of theorists?

Come on guys - with the exception of Dave who's busting his chops almost every weekend, what are the rest of us up to?

I would have to agree Sean...

If the detailing competitions are to continue you guys would need to start making more positive input.

The forum sponsors are reluctant to provide prizes due to the track record of very little feedback from previous winners. Without any exposure and mileage from their contributions there is really no point in throwing money away by sponsoring any form of competitions...

www.mobileimage.co.za

26-03-2010, 06:51 AM
(25-03-2010 08:05 PM)calypso Wrote:  I take that back, looks like PE has just been declared a drought disaster area.

Ideal opportunity to do an ONR wash followed by normal detailing process. If you don't have access to ONR, ask Wusman for his Last Touch Rinseless recipe Bluebiggrin.
26-03-2010, 07:09 AM
I got ONR on the way, but my car is super bad, 3 weeks of muck and rain here.