Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 2.71 Average
Mobile-Image : 2 Day Polo Sportline makeover
11-02-2010, 05:50 PM
RE: Mobile-Image : 2 Day Polo Sportline makeover
Thanks guys Thumb

@ Woodie. The brushes are pretty soft yes. I took the smallest one of the 5 and cut the bristles down to around 40% of their original length. This stiffens them up a bit and helps but is still not quite as effective as a tooth brush for the really stubborn areas.

As with any type of stiffer brush though you will get some fine scratching that will need to be polished out afterwards Thumb

As far as the Hex pads go I put some of my initial thoughts in a thread here. I will keep it updated as I get to use the pads on a more regular basis Thumb

On this particular car the orange pad worked pretty well. I initially used the green 3M compounding pad but it was a little 'grabby' compared to the orange Hex pad. I think this is due to a different type of foam in the 3M pads than those of the CG's. I find the 3M polishing pad to be very soft to the touch, but still immensely effective on a variety of paints. The orange CG Hex-Logic didn't have quite the same cut as the 3M green pad, but it was significantly smoother (perhaps it is down to the ventilation afforded by the hex shaped pathways on the pad face).

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mobile-Image : 2 Day Polo Sportline makeover - Carn - 11-02-2010 05:50 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mobile-Image : Ingolstadt's finest... Carn 22 173,010 03-08-2011 01:11 PM
Last Post: Carn
  Mobile Image : 25 hours with a Z4 ///M Carn 21 65,341 22-03-2011 06:14 PM