Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
Hello everybody
29-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Hello everybody
Evening everyone... a friend of mine has been raving about this forum for the last two weeks. I know know why:-)

I own a 2005 polo classic which I try to keep clean but nothing like what I've seen here..

thank you for all the tips and info... I have already used the tip on cleaning badges with great effect.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2010, 10:03 PM
RE: Hello everybody
Welcome to the forum Rayner.
29-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Welcome, hope you enjoy your stay

[Image: go4g43it2wi6u6xpewca-1.jpg]
30-01-2010, 08:44 AM
Welcome bud!

[Image: Waxonwaxoff2.jpg]
30-01-2010, 08:46 AM
Hi Rayner and welcome to Waxon Thumb

I am sure you will find more than enough info on here to keep you occupied for ages Bluebiggrin

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-01-2010, 08:46 PM
I would like to extend an official welcome to you (and your wallet). Enjoy the forum and share some photos of your Polo with us.
01-02-2010, 08:16 AM
Hi guys... thanks for the welcomes.

Tried taking a few pics over the weekend but the weather was not playing along.

I must admit I been lazy of late and been taking my car to the local car wash.... resulting in some swirl marks.... does anyone have any advice? will get some pics up asap to show the ugly stuff.

I usually use the Meguiars 3 step crystal system and the meguairs yellow wax.

Unfortunately I do not have a DA polisher yet so everything is done by hand to date.

and what is there out there for the black on my car... something durable and non static if possible?
01-02-2010, 08:28 AM
Welcome to forum Rayner!

]
01-02-2010, 08:23 PM
(01-02-2010 08:16 AM)Rayner Wrote:  Hi guys... thanks for the welcomes.

Tried taking a few pics over the weekend but the weather was not playing along.

I must admit I been lazy of late and been taking my car to the local car wash.... resulting in some swirl marks.... does anyone have any advice? will get some pics up asap to show the ugly stuff.

I usually use the Meguiars 3 step crystal system and the meguairs yellow wax.

Unfortunately I do not have a DA polisher yet so everything is done by hand to date.

and what is there out there for the black on my car... something durable and non static if possible?

Hey there Rayner,

Depending on how in-depth you are wanting to go I would suggest either a glaze (applied by hand) to help mask some of the minor swirling, or if you feeling a bit more energetic get a light polish and polish the car by hand.

Whilst it is highly unlikely you will achieve a flawless finish by hand, you will manage to remove a lot of the milder swirls and marring Thumb

As for the 'black' on your car I assume you are referring to the plastics and exterior trim? If that is the case then I would recommend you look at getting some 303 Aerospace Protectant. You will find plenty of info on the 303 here on Waxon and will find it to be extremely popular worldwide for all kinds of trim (leather, plastic, rubber, vinyl, etc) Wink

www.mobileimage.co.za

03-02-2010, 07:22 AM
Thank you David
Does anyone know where I can get some of the aerospace protectant and what sort of price should I expect to pay?

I also read about Jetseal??? how does one apply it and what prep work do I need to do first... should I get the swirl marks polished out first? and how compatible it jetseal with the meguiars yellow wax or should I purchse something like the collonite wax?(think I'm spelling that correctly :-))
03-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Ill drop you a pm with some prices shortly Rayner Thumb

Jetseal is applied just like any wax/sealant. Apply evenly, allow to dry to a haze and then buff. Almost all paste waxes will bond to the Jetseal so you can take you pic. I would recommend the Collinite 845. 845 over JS will give you good protection and durability!

Ideally you would want to prep the surface prior to application. This can either be by way of a paint cleaner, or by polishing to remove the surface defects Thumb

www.mobileimage.co.za