Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.67 Average
Golf vs. Chemical Guys’ top coats
04-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Golf vs. Chemical Guys’ top coats
The marring on my car, from weekly maintenance, was now at a state where machine polishing was required. Furthermore, I have done about 1,900 kilometres over the last two weeks without giving the car a wash, so there were a few bugs on the car and a fair amount of dust from taking gravel passes in the Midlands Meander. Clean up process:

Wheels
Wheels and wheel wells were soaked with all purpose cleaner and agitated with a couple of brushes and a synthetic wash mitt. After rinsing and drying, wheel wells were dressed with Adams undercarriage spray. Mags were cleaned and protected with Werkstat Prime Strong. Tyres were dressed with M40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner

Washing and paint cleaning
Bugs were pre-treated with Sonax Insect Remover. The rest of the car was washed with M62 Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner. After washing, I clayed the car with Meguiars Mild blue clay using Last Touch as a lubricant.

Clay bar after claying the entire car
[Image: ca.jpg]

Paint correction was performed with a Makita BO6040 dual action polisher + Menzerna Super Intensive Polish on a Sonax orange polishing pad. This was followed by Werkstat Prime (Carnauba) on a W9006 finishing pad. After paint cleaning, I applied Chemical Guys EZ Crème Glaze using a yellow foam applicator pad. I believe the second version doesn’t have cleaners, so I was hoping that it wouldn’t remove the Werkstat Prime.

Couple of pictures after correction with Menzerna SIP
[Image: cb.jpg]

[Image: cc.jpg]

[Image: cd.jpg]

[Image: ce.jpg]

Dressing
Vinyl and trim was dressed with SmartWax’s SmartDressing, a sample I received from Mobile-Image (thanks Carn). Glass was cleaned with Werkstat Prime Strong. Honeycomb grill was dressed with Meguiars Accent Dressing. Tailpipes cleaned with NXT Metal Polysh.

Protection
The plan was to protect with JetSeal109, I hadn’t used the sealant before and I was looking forward to cracking on with JS109 after having read all the glowing reviews on detailing forums and CG’s own website. However, I was not blessed with the same results as previous users.

So I decided to top JS109 with a carnauba wax. After 30 minutes, I put on a coat of Chemical Guys 5050 Limited Series Concours Paste Wax (version 1). After removing the CG 5050 wax, the finish looked a bit darker and wet.

A few pics after CG 5050 in the garage
[Image: cf.jpg]

[Image: cg1.jpg]

[Image: ch.jpg]

Final pics
[Image: ci.jpg]

[Image: cj1.jpg]

[Image: ck.jpg]

[Image: cl1.jpg]

[Image: cm.jpg]

[Image: cn.jpg]

[Image: co.jpg]

[Image: cp.jpg]

[Image: cq1.jpg]

[Image: ct1.jpg]

Thanks for viewing
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Golf vs. Chemical Guys’ top coats - Starvekos - 04-01-2009 11:25 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Golf 5 GTI Polished PAP AND FLIES 19 46,527 30-12-2010 10:36 PM
Last Post: Starvekos
  20 Cars ,7 Days Extremely Contaminated.Detailed by Chemical Guys & Smartwax S.A Naush 12 33,281 26-11-2010 10:47 PM
Last Post: PAP AND FLIES
  XKR DETAILED BY CHEMIAL GUYS S.A. AND LAST TOUCH CARWASH Naush 7 15,722 25-02-2010 07:50 AM
Last Post: Kido