Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.4 Average
Products from abroad- Have your say
10-11-2008, 09:51 PM
RE: Products from abroad- Have your say
Hey Mike,

I think there a few 'niche' products that are available overseas that aren't sold here, but I think you need to ask yourself what you wish to achieve by marketing these items here. Unless you are bringing in large enough quantities to help absorb the expensive shipping charges out here, I don't think it is a very lucrative market to be in at the moment. For one detailing as such is a relatively new concept here in SA with most everyday consumers being content with the 'premium' brands such as Meguiars (and soon Sonax) that are available in the large chain stores. As far as the more 'professional' detailers within the community I think they all have their firm favourites already and/or would look at bringing them in directly. That being said however, if you were prepared to carry stock, the pricing was competitive and you had a nice selection of popular but locally unavailable goods you might get somewhere.

A difficult one for sure and I wish you all the best with it Wink

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Products from abroad- Have your say - Carn - 10-11-2008 09:51 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Maintanance products Wells 3 34,001 21-08-2012 08:53 AM
Last Post: Wells
  odd uses for detailing products dood786 5 13,829 06-02-2010 02:58 PM
Last Post: Rory
  What products do you use? And a technical Question... Liqui-Moly 0 5,119 19-04-2009 09:23 PM
Last Post: Liqui-Moly