Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 2.8 Average
My 1st experience with a machine buffer
07-02-2011, 02:47 PM
RE: My 1st experience with a machine buffer
(07-02-2011 10:13 AM)Wells Wrote:  It looks good Zaid, a badly damaged hood may just require a second or third hit to get perfect, or those scratches are that deep that they wont budge without you striking through, general rule of thumb (nail Bluebiggrin )
if you catch the scratch with your nail when you go over it, it is probably too deep for 100% correction. Did you use Zennith technique(think it is called that??)? ie few passes at low speed (speed 1, or 600-900rpm) then slightly faster for a few passes, then max at speed 3 or 1500 - 1800 rpm, hen back down, all the way to speed1 again.

Thanks buddyThumb

The hood was really a nightmare. Uhoh2 Yes, I used the zenith technique from Dave KG's guide on DetailingWorld.co.uk

My polisher( a Clarke) has 1000-3000 rpm (6 speed). I got it going from 1 (1000) to 3 and back.

It took me a half-day for that.

May be I need to do some wetsanding to level the surface. It's got some orange peel too. any ideas

Question By the way, is wetsanding the only way to remove orange peel?
Is there a best way to westand?

The pads I used are: White and Pink-jpg

May be the pads lacked the compounding power in the first instance?

i look forward to hear from you.

many thanks.ThumbThumbThumbThumb

Regards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My 1st experience with a machine buffer - zckid - 07-02-2011 02:47 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Wolfgang Concours Series Fuzion Estate Wax Connoisseur’s Kit Experience.. Vampyre 5 12,505 20-10-2008 06:06 PM
Last Post: calypso