Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.25 Average
RANT - poor-boys.co.za
24-10-2010, 01:31 AM
RANT - poor-boys.co.za
As a business owner in the service industry I generally settle disputes with companies and customers amicably as I know how damaging a disgruntled customer can be, and generally give credit where credit is due, those of you that know me may attest to that but when I recieve an email to a query on items I order and paid for like so: I lose hope in customer service.

"Its says grit guard and bucket, not grid guard , bucket and gamma seal lid, and besides I wasn't even the owner of the store, any ways the best I can do is place your order and if its decent enough ill send you the lids"

Now you remember when Poor-boys offered that bucket special:

http://www.waxon.co.za/showthread.php?ti...ght=bucket

I ordered 2 of them (12 June) last year, I recieved it all, albeit the order was forgotten, lost took forever to dispatch eventually I arranged my own courier to go collect (28 July), I was given some extra stuff as an apology that wasn't nessasary as the apology was forthcoming and sincere.

Trouble was I didn't recieve the lids. When I queried it I was told the chemical guys supplier had ordered the buckets without the lids for some strange reason but would get them as soon as they were recived by poor boys.

I followed up again in september-ish and was told they had been ordered and will be arriving soon, I then followed up with Chemical guys who told me that that 80% of the lids were stolen by customs?

I honestly forgot about it, but since have completed my workshop and planned to store the quick car wash stuff in the buckets to be easily used so queried it again and was told I'll need to pay for the lids, when I forwarded the order I get that reply, IF my order is good enough? Besides I wasn't even the owner? Did poor boys offer the special? did I pay poor boys? is it still poor boys?

I'm not sure about the rest of you but it doesn't sit well with me.

'84 VW Golf MK II 2.0 16vt GTI (Project)
'99 VW Golf MK IV 2.0 8vt (Boost is done, sound to go in)
'08 Ford Ranger 4.0 V6 Supercab (Daily ox wagon)
'04 BMW 318ti
'01 Mercedes-Benz ML 270 CDI
couple of delivery vans and a truck
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RANT - poor-boys.co.za - Graham Savage - 24-10-2010 01:31 AM
RE: RANT - poor-boys.co.za - springbok - 24-10-2010, 05:10 PM
RE: RANT - poor-boys.co.za - calypso - 24-10-2010, 05:25 PM
RE: RANT - poor-boys.co.za - Jughead - 24-10-2010, 05:42 PM
RE: RANT - poor-boys.co.za - Graham Savage - 24-10-2010, 08:38 PM
RE: RANT - poor-boys.co.za - Graham Savage - 24-10-2010, 09:01 PM