Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
Iyole's Black Cabbie (Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Litre)
01-10-2010, 09:10 AM
RE: Iyole's Black Cabbie (Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Litre)
(30-09-2010 03:17 PM)Minimike19 Wrote:  Hey PaulVW

I am going to take a step back here and speak my thoughts.

Many detailers and often car enthusiasts think that you need to use the most expensive to get the best results. Because bigger is better right?

WRONG.

This cleaner costs R30 for 1 litre. Its a dilute and you control the strength. To put this into perspective I first washed the roof with a proper convertible top cleaner which did practically nothing - it cost me nothing as I used to run the range but you would have paid R120 for it. I wasnt satisfied so did a small test section on the corner and 15 to 20 min later rinsed it and it worked brilliantly. I then completely under diluted the cleaner. I put 20ml of cleaner into a large bucket. The reason it foams is because of the texture of the fabric combined with a soft touch scrubbing brush and loads of water.

Sometimes you dont need the most amazing products to get good results. I would never recommend trying something without testing it though as that is silly. You get what you pay for but for example I find that a R25 bottle of Shield Blade Cleaner works brilliantly. In fact I use on all cars.

Mike

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the feedback. I understand what you are saying and it's great that you found some cheaper products that work. My (very limited) experience to date has been that the more expensive products seems to work better and that you use less than the normal commercially available products. That is why I enquired about the product for the top, as I have never cleaned one myself.

Anyway, good luck with that post 'prom' cleanup Bluebiggrin
Cheers,
Paul
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Iyole's Black Cabbie (Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Litre) - PaulVW - 01-10-2010 09:10 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  E46 M3 - Carbon Black calypso 47 126,333 15-08-2012 09:34 AM
Last Post: Wells
  First detail BMW X3 - Black mommet 9 28,701 31-03-2012 09:58 PM
Last Post: kripstoe
  Very soft black Civic corrected zckid 5 19,862 12-12-2011 02:35 PM
Last Post: zckid