Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
Let's see if they can live up to the international hype
12-02-2009, 11:48 AM
Let's see if they can live up to the international hype
Its time to debunk the hype or endorse it

Just picked up a box of goodies from the Post Office. I need to find a car with solid black paint to try them out. I am keen to see the level of correction when applied by hand.

Excuse the quality of these pics, took them using a cellphone in a dark basement parking lot. D@mn did I look suspicious.

[Image: ProductX1.jpg]

[Image: ProductX2.jpg]

[Image: ProductX3.jpg]

[Image: ProductX4.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2009, 12:51 PM
RE: Let's see if they can live up to the international hype
Nice box of goodies Siya, you gonna have to find some PO85 or Ultrafina to compare to the M205...Or what else will you be comparing it to ?

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-02-2009, 01:17 PM
damn.... and I get labeled a bimmer slvt! I think we should start labeling megs slvts Wink

Siya arent megs going to bring this stuff to SA? or where you just not going to wait for it Bluebiggrin

freerider AKA don

12-02-2009, 01:20 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2009 01:48 PM by Starvekos.)
Will not be comparing to other products. I am looking for products that are versatile, that can be applied by hand, orbital polisher and dual action polisher.
(12-02-2009 01:17 PM)freerider Wrote:  damn.... and I get labeled a bimmer slvt! I think we should start labeling megs slvts Wink

Siya arent megs going to bring this stuff to SA? or where you just not going to wait for it Bluebiggrin

Mike Phillips, Meguiar's Online administrator, mentioned that the 2009 range would ship out in January 2009 to international regions. It doesn't sound like the range will be available anytime soon in SA. Maybe late March to April 2009 is my guess. So yes, I couldn't wait.

I am glad you brought up the Meguiar's slvt label. Naushad has promised to defend me if such a claim is brought forwardNono

Jokes aside, the bulk of the order was non-Meguiar's products. I am looking forward to trying out this kit:

[Image: ProductX5.jpg]

[Image: ProductX6.jpg]
12-02-2009, 01:52 PM
mmm blackfire Drool

freerider AKA don

12-02-2009, 02:35 PM
FYI Megs has been taken over by 3M so this may delay / curtail exports to SA

~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~-
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Togwt/141827572547893 -
12-02-2009, 02:47 PM
Blackfire.......Oeff!
12-02-2009, 05:34 PM
(12-02-2009 02:35 PM)TOGWT Wrote:  FYI Megs has been taken over by 3M so this may delay / curtail exports to SA

Nah, don't think so. Meguiar's is very tardy when servicing international regions even before the acquisition by 3M.